Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on Dealership.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:24 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Default Need advice on Dealership.

Not sure what to do here, Noticed my Front right Blinker wasn't blinking, so i decided to buy some bulbs and replace it...In the process I came to discover that not only was there no bulb in the Light, there is not even a wiring harness, There are instead three frayed cables with Black electrical tape over where the harness should be attached. This car is Brand new, under 3k miles, driven for maybe two months of ownership, the rest of the time it sat in storage while I was on deployment. When I approached the dealership they told me that it was some how my fault and that they would not even look at it. I already had an appointment for later this week to get my sequentials looked at because they are working incorrectly. I spoke with the manager, he told me that they would "have a looksie when I bring it in later this week but can't promise anything". There is ONE other ford dealership on island, and needless to say I will be taking it to them to have it looked into and The other dealership will never again see my business. Any Advice?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:33 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like it was vandalized while it was in storage, seriously doubt it left the factory that way.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by White05GT
Sounds like it was vandalized while it was in storage, seriously doubt it left the factory that way.
Was in closed locked storage. No way for anyone to access it.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:56 PM
XEDES
2nd Gear Member

This is one of those things where if it was noticed right away, the dealership would've fixed it. Now that time has passed they're going to try and deny everything even though it sounds like something that probably happened on their lot Sad considering it wouldn't cost them that much money to fix it but they rather risk losing a customer.

Try contacting Ford customer service and let them know BEFORE you take your car in. Maybe they'll intervene and give the ok to fix
Old 07-10-2013, 09:57 PM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

That totally sucks. I can't see a vandal putting electrical tape over something they took off. It sounds like something that happened before the dealer saw it. Unless, the shop *really* needed one and "borrowed" the one off a car in the lot - yours. Of course, they aren't ever supposed to do that. It's funny that it could have passed any kind of inspection that way though. If they refuse to make it right, I'd put the info up all over the island and let everyone know.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:27 PM
XEDES
2nd Gear Member

That's true about the electrical tape. I didn't think about that. However, I work for Ford at an assembly plant and all the wiring is put together by outside vendors. All the workers do is stretch them out and plug everything in. I can't see any reason for them to cut wires when they can easily replace the entire harness. Also, all the lights get checked during final inspection right before they leave the plant to be loaded up and shipped out.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:55 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by FivePointToTheOh
Not sure what to do here, Noticed my Front right Blinker wasn't blinking, so i decided to buy some bulbs and replace it...In the process I came to discover that not only was there no bulb in the Light, there is not even a wiring harness, There are instead three frayed cables with Black electrical tape over where the harness should be attached.
Hi FivePontToTheOh,

Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated for you.

Deysha
Old 07-11-2013, 11:19 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hi FivePontToTheOh,

Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated for you.

Deysha
Preparing to go on a short underway today, will message you as soon as possible upon return to port.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:38 PM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

You just now noticed after 2 months of owning and close to 3,000 miles your blinker wasn't working? Doesn't your blinker indicator usually go faster when there is a problem?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07GrabU
You just now noticed after 2 months of owning and close to 3,000 miles your blinker wasn't working? Doesn't your blinker indicator usually go faster when there is a problem?
Unfortunately not everyone uses their turn signals....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need advice on Dealership.