Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Needed, Opinions on Buying 2013 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 06:43 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Steve-O, this car sounds like a sweet deal. If I were you and it is the car you want, jump all over it. The beauty of a brand-new car is that it comes with a warranty that starts the day you drive it off the lot. I have zero experience with buying a new car, but if I found a deal like that then I would pop the cherry. It seems to me that all of the leather and expensive options drove up the price and no one wants to pay for all of that. You said sticker price was $38,100!? We're talking about a Mustang here and most people won't shell out that kind of money for a new Mustang. Getting it below $30K, like you said, is a great price.

Does the car have 3.73's? If I were to go back to the dealership that would be the first thing that I would negotiate and have the dealer install. Good luck and post pics!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:04 AM
kickercar

and change out the auto trans
Old 07-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Murgatroy
2nd Gear Member

It could have been the demo car?

It is also possible that a $40k sticker was too much for most buyers.

It is still a brand new car with a brand new warranty that starts the day you buy it.

My Mustang rolled off the assembly line two weeks before I bought it and had less than five miles on the ticker when we went for our test drive. I guess buying such a young `13 model was a little rare.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:55 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

I bought a new Ram 1500 pick up back in June of 2001 and it had a delivery date on it from Sept of 2000 so, I assume it's been on the dealer lot since then and it ran fine and still does today so, I wouldn't read to much into it, that's common place but, if it has some miles on it, then look into why it has those miles.....was it a demo or did the dealer owner use it has his personal car for all that time? I would be cautious on a demo GT, pretty much means it was test driven a lot and they usually got beat on a daily basis. Either way 30K or less for a NEW premium GT is a god deal!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:35 PM
XEDES
2nd Gear Member

With the economy and gas prices, sport cars are going to sit. Its just the nature of the beast. Also look at the dealerships demographic, they might move more trucks than cars or more economy cars than sports cars. It all depends on the surrounding areas. Around Indiana, even the biggest dealerships only had 1 or 2 mustangs and they were either loaded or stripped but they would have 40 economy cars.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Yeah like I said before my 2013 GT Premium say for 6 months before I got it. I bet it would of sat a lot longer too. A 2013 GT Premium in Gotta Have It Green, Track Pack, with Brembo's, 4001A Interior package, Heated Seats, Illuminated doors, Pony Projected Lights, Heated Mirrors, Shacker Audio. Really the only thing its missing is the stripe and glass roof options. Dealership thought it would be a hot car in a hot color to sell fast and they priced it at 45k. The ended up selling it to be at 34k after I would not leave or swap over to another car with other options. That was last November.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:45 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Seems you got a great deal Doc. Love that green!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:26 AM
JThor
2nd Gear Member

My car was built October 2009 and I bought it new in May of 2011. No problems at all with it. I did change the motor oil immediately, however. I didn't want old oil sitting in the engine.

Also, the dealer gave me $11,000 off the MSRP. The dealer had to get that car off the lot or Ford was not going to give it any more 2012 Mustangs. The dealer had a lot of motivation. Depending upon the dealer's situation in your case, it may be really motivated to get the car off the lot.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:36 AM
JThor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by steveo555
The color is black with black leather. I'll have to check for dents or scratches. I'll def bring up the warranty issues whether or not it starts the day I buy the car.
If it is truly new, the warranty will begin the day you buy the car. If you are interested in it, I would say what you are doing is the best way to buy a new car.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:15 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Get the maintenance plan with it also. Will bring up your monthly payment but its pre paying for all your required maintenance. Which is a very good deal only brought my payment up by 30 bucks.

Quick Reply: Help Needed, Opinions on Buying 2013 Mustang