Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 04:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Having to say "Bluetooth Audio" every time - Ford Sync

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 02:02 PM
2012brembo50

Originally Posted by Boaisy
When it doesn't detect mobile apps, i just restart the phone and have SYNC reconnect to it. much easier then to having to fumble into the master reset. Still, since I switched the Spotify, SYNC does not currently support it on Android devices, so I still have to go the Bluetooth Audio route on that one. Doesn't bother me that much anymore since I have a dash mount and charger for the phone.
Restarting my Android phone hasn't done anything to help me in the way of running Pandora or I Heart Radio. Took it for a drive earlier and the Pandora seems to be staying connected and working well. I don't expect that to last though. Even if it does, it still requires me to press phone, scroll to mobile apps and press ok.

Do you have a link to the dash mount you used? I have one for the AC vent, but I'm not sure I like it because it's not very solid and it's a pain to install/remove.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:31 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Yup. Its amazing that Ford cant get SYNC to work correctly so they go "Hey we cant get SYNC to work so lets create a whole new 100% more complex system (My Ford Touch) and just hope people A. Stop using SYNC so we wont have to spend anymore time trying to fix it or B. Forget how bad SYNC is when they start using MFT".

Matthew
My Touch apparently is even worse. http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011...y-survey/?_r=0
Old 08-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2012brembo50
Restarting my Android phone hasn't done anything to help me in the way of running Pandora or I Heart Radio. Took it for a drive earlier and the Pandora seems to be staying connected and working well. I don't expect that to last though. Even if it does, it still requires me to press phone, scroll to mobile apps and press ok.

Do you have a link to the dash mount you used? I have one for the AC vent, but I'm not sure I like it because it's not very solid and it's a pain to install/remove.
Got it from ProClip. http://www.proclipusa.com/ The way their system works is you buy a mount for the phone, and then a mount for the car. Initially it is a bit expensive, but if you just change the phone, the mount for the car works with all phone/tablet mounts. Same if you were to change the car. It doesn't shake, holds the phone pretty tightly, and I used it during a trip to Talladega. Was easy to see the navigation, mess with the internet radio, and to pull up texts. It was like a mini MyTouch for the older system I guess.

Last edited by Boaisy; 08-26-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:33 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

I had pandora going via bt ... No mobile apps found. Now the only way I can connect to any mobile app is to say bt audio. ... Unpaired and re-paired phone ...Restarting my Android phone hasn't done anything to help me in the way of running Pandora or I Heart Radio. Took it for a drive earlier and the Pandora seems to be staying connected and working well. I don't expect that to last though. Even if it does, it still requires me to press phone, scroll to mobile apps and press ok.
Hi 2012brembo50,

I recommend a master reset if the issue returns: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ter-reset-sync followed by a soft reset to your phone; just remove the phone battery for 30 seconds and replace it.

Once the phone is powered back up, pair the phone with SYNC: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...our-phone-sync This clean pairing will give you the best connection. Start the app on your phone and give the command MOBILE APPS.

For more information on SYNC AppLink, take a look here: http://support.ford.com/media/d/SYNC_APPLink_QRG.pdf

Kim
Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 PM
2012brembo50

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi 2012brembo50,

I recommend a master reset if the issue returns: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ter-reset-sync followed by a soft reset to your phone; just remove the phone battery for 30 seconds and replace it.

Once the phone is powered back up, pair the phone with SYNC: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...our-phone-sync This clean pairing will give you the best connection. Start the app on your phone and give the command MOBILE APPS.

For more information on SYNC AppLink, take a look here: http://support.ford.com/media/d/SYNC_APPLink_QRG.pdf

Kim
Thanks. I took your advice and so I'll report back in a week or so to let you know how it went.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:48 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Thanks. I took your advice and so I'll report back in a week or so to let you know how it went.
You're welcome, 2012brembo50. I'll be keeping an eye out for your post.

Kim
Old 08-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
This doesn't surprise me. Ford was doing so good, making a run at Top Quality then they send out a half finished product and expect people like me to come back to the dealership every two weeks for "another update". Get it right the first time. Just got another notice in the mail to bring my 2012 Focus Titanium in for MFT updates....

Matthew
Old 09-17-2013, 09:24 AM
2012brembo50

Well, I did the master reset and that provided me with the same results. A few days later, my phone was acting up generally, so I did a factory reset. After re-syncing it with the car, I have not been able to find mobile apps at all. I can only do bluetooth audio stream. I'll keep trying as I get time, haha.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:29 AM
maxmustang
1st Gear Member

My bluetooth works about 80% of the time first try. I can understand your frustration but you shouldn't be embarrassed when using that feature in front of a girl. From my experience females LOVE this feature. "Wow your car talks to you?!" Just another cool feature to compliment the leather seats and ambient lighting
Old 09-17-2013, 12:00 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
… Just got another notice in the mail to bring my 2012 Focus Titanium in for MFT updates …
Hello Matthew,

You may have the option of downloading the update from home, which will save you a trip to the dealership. You can check by logging in here: www.Support.Ford.com Make sure the 2012 Focus is selected.

Well, I did the master reset and that provided me with the same results. A few days later, my phone was acting up generally, so I did a factory reset. After re-syncing it with the car, I have not been able to find mobile apps at all. I can only do bluetooth audio stream. I'll keep trying as I get time, haha.
When you press the VOICE COMMAND button and say MOBILE APPS, what happens? Which Android phone are you using to connect to AppLink?

Kim

Quick Reply: Having to say "Bluetooth Audio" every time - Ford Sync