Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 04:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Having to say "Bluetooth Audio" every time - Ford Sync

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 09:45 PM
mach1na
2nd Gear Member

I have the same issue! pretty frustrating but doesn't seem to be a way around it, at least none that I've found.

Not to hi-jack the thread but is there anyway to display the info for the music I'm playing as opposed to the display just reading "bluetooth audio"? (I use an HTC One for playing my mp3s.)
Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mach1na
I have the same issue! pretty frustrating but doesn't seem to be a way around it, at least none that I've found.

Not to hi-jack the thread but is there anyway to display the info for the music I'm playing as opposed to the display just reading "bluetooth audio"? (I use an HTC One for playing my mp3s.)
Nope. You would have to plug the HTC into the USB (if it is supported)..
Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
This doesn't surprise me. Ford was doing so good, making a run at Top Quality then they send out a half finished product and expect people like me to come back to the dealership every two weeks for "another update". Get it right the first time. Just got another notice in the mail to bring my 2012 Focus Titanium in for MFT updates....

Matthew
It isn't really Ford's problem.. other than they picked Microsoft and/or signed on with Microsoft for their interface. Ford can only do so much to improve the issue.. but Sync is a Microsoft product and Ford likely signed onto a contract. It was a good start.. but will likely die in a year or so (either MS killing it.. or ignoring it).. while other manufactures go with a better system.

It was the best in 2010-2011.. now it just feels over-engineered and buggy.

In my opinion, the basic sync works best with a phone paired with bluetooth for calls and iOS device plugged in via USB for music.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

It seem if you push the aux button it will play either USB or bluetooth audio depending on what you were playing from aux the last time you did play music from aux (bluetooth or USB etc)
Old 09-18-2013, 12:48 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Is there a specific way to active the bluetooth with phone? It never recognise my phone, must be doing something wrong
Old 09-18-2013, 12:59 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Andy13186
It seem if you push the aux button it will play either USB or bluetooth audio depending on what you were playing from aux the last time you did play music from aux (bluetooth or USB etc)
Hi Andy13186,

You can switch between sources by pressing the VOICE COMMAND button on your steering wheel and saying BLUETOOTH AUDIO, USB, or LINE IN. This will be the quickest way to select an input.

Originally Posted by mighted1987
Is there a specific way to active the bluetooth with phone? It never recognise my phone, must be doing something wrong
Hey mighted1987,

Are you talking about pairing your phone or streaming music via Bluetooth?

To pair your device, you'll want to enable Bluetooth on your phone and make it discoverable/visible. This is usually found in the settings menu. Follow these steps to complete the process: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...our-phone-sync

Once the phone is connected, press the VOICE COMMAND button on your steering wheel and say BLUETOOTH AUDIO. This will switch the source and allow the audio from your phone to stream through the car speakers.

Provide some details if you're still unable to successfully connect.

Kim
Old 09-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mach1na

If it is through internet radio, then you would say "mobile apps," and boot up the proper app through voice. If it is music on the device, it would have to go through USB.

Originally Posted by MrSandman
It isn't really Ford's problem.. other than they picked Microsoft and/or signed on with Microsoft for their interface. Ford can only do so much to improve the issue.. but Sync is a Microsoft product and Ford likely signed onto a contract. It was a good start.. but will likely die in a year or so (either MS killing it.. or ignoring it).. while other manufactures go with a better system.

It was the best in 2010-2011.. now it just feels over-engineered and buggy.

In my opinion, the basic sync works best with a phone paired with bluetooth for calls and iOS device plugged in via USB for music.
Ford already tried running Sync with out Microsoft about a year after the MyTouch system came out. When it wasn't working out so well, they had to bring Microsoft back in because Ford had no ****ing clue on what to do on the software side.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:28 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

I use the Bluetooth connection for my IPhone and USB for my IPod that never leaves the car. Most of time it's fine. But, at least once or twice a week when I start the car it doesn't pair with the phone and the audio source is on FM instead of USB. If I wait a few minutes and go in the menu to choose a source of USB it's fine. But, that usually won't work immediately. The car has to have been running for a couple minutes. Otherwise, it thinks there is nothing plugged in to the USB. Once that is resolved the phone tends to pair up at the same time. It's just buggy. I would really like to see an update that fixed this minor issue. But, as we all know, a new software version is just going to have other bugs.

Personally, other than the phone and my ipod, I don't really want a bunch or techie gadgets in my car. And, I am a techie by trade! The track apps would be cool to play with though.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:11 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
I use the Bluetooth connection for my IPhone and USB for my IPod that never leaves the car. Most of time it's fine. But, at least once or twice a week when I start the car it doesn't pair with the phone and the audio source is on FM instead of USB. If I wait a few minutes and go in the menu to choose a source of USB it's fine. But, that usually won't work immediately. ...
Hello dcarlinf1,

A soft reset to your iPhone should improve your Bluetooth connection with SYNC. Hold the POWER button and the HOME button simultaneously on your iPhone until the Apple logo appears. You may find it easier to switch to USB by pressing the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and saying USB instead of going through the menu options.

Kim
Old 09-19-2013, 06:51 PM
rvastang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hello dcarlinf1,

A soft reset to your iPhone should improve your Bluetooth connection with SYNC. Hold the POWER button and the HOME button simultaneously on your iPhone until the Apple logo appears. You may find it easier to switch to USB by pressing the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and saying USB instead of going through the menu options.

Kim
The phone isn't the problem. SYNC is. My SYNC randomly decides to start up in AM radio mode every so often. The phone certainly can't do that. And when it comes to BlueTooth pairing, I had my iPhone paired with a crappy aftermarket BlueTooth setup in another car for YEARS and never had to reboot the phone to make it work.

Quick Reply: Having to say "Bluetooth Audio" every time - Ford Sync