MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   omg another noise (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/699357-omg-another-noise.html)

winkawak 08-07-2013 09:20 PM

omg another noise

Couple days now, i have noticed a high pitch squeaking noise near the passenger rear suspension/wheel when im in reverse. The squeaking noise sounds like a squeaky gate blown by wind(no groan). The noise comes and go, i tried to reproduce it with no gas, little gas and braking but no luck. It happened twice now, last night it happen when i give it alittle gas in reverse and tonight without any gas when i was backing up. I searched and read bunch of thread but cant seem to identify my problem. Cant be wheel bearing since the noise is only in reverse, cant be the brakes since soon as i brake it stops, or u joint due to no other sound beside in reverse. Any ideas?

winkawak 08-07-2013 11:36 PM

Its midnight, its bothering the heck out of me so i went out into a empty parking lot. I found the cause, its the passenger rear brake, its squeaky/squealing when i constantly pressing on the brake. It also squeak/squeal on its own after a single brake. Can anyone explain to me why is this happening? and its only from passenger rear brake.

BrazenStang 08-08-2013 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by winkawak (Post 8262136)
Its midnight, its bothering the heck out of me so i went out into a empty parking lot. I found the cause, its the passenger rear brake, its squeaky/squealing when i constantly pressing on the brake. It also squeak/squeal on its own after a single brake. Can anyone explain to me why is this happening? and its only from passenger rear brake.

Caliper or slide pin could be sticking. Its possible that the rotor could be slightly warped, but not likely.

AzPete 08-08-2013 07:27 AM

Could be just some dust on the brake pads.....

winkawak 08-08-2013 10:18 AM

I dont think its sticking caliper, i dont have any of the signs. http://www.ehow.com/info_12123919_si...k-caliper.html
My caliper was painted a month ago, how likely is it to have dust? if so is the situation self fix? could it be something else? can i hose down the caliper?

Derf00 08-08-2013 02:02 PM

You probably got overspray on your rotor. That overspray transferred to your pads which glazed the surface. Since the rears only account for 30%ish of braking, it probably took a month to get them to the point of squeaking.

Take the passenger side off, and heavily scuff/sand the surface of the pads with some 200 grit sandpaper. Do the same to the rotor on BOTH sides. Spray both the pad face and rotor face with brake cleaner, then put it all back together.

As long as the impurities didn't penetrate too deep into the pad it should be problem solved. If not, repeat the process.

winkawak 08-08-2013 02:31 PM

try to reproduce the noise again ealier but no luck, wth? why is it on and off if theres dust or lack of lubricant?

winkawak 08-08-2013 09:08 PM

over sprayed? the caliper was off when they painted it.

FordService 08-09-2013 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by winkawak (Post 8262056)
Couple days now, i have noticed a high pitch squeaking noise near the passenger rear suspension/wheel when im in reverse. The squeaking noise sounds like a squeaky gate blown by wind(no groan). The noise comes and go, i tried to reproduce it with no gas, little gas and braking but no luck. It happened twice now, last night it happen when i give it alittle gas in reverse and tonight without any gas when i was backing up. I searched and read bunch of thread but cant seem to identify my problem. Cant be wheel bearing since the noise is only in reverse, cant be the brakes since soon as i brake it stops, or u joint due to no other sound beside in reverse. Any ideas?

I’m still waiting on your PM, winkawak. Let me get this escalated for you and have it taken care of. Please make an appointment and PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha

winkawak 08-09-2013 04:42 PM

Deysha like i said before i have been there 3 times now regarding to brakes (not counting other services) , and each time they manage to screw something up. One time when they were working on my brakes, the mechanic didnt screw passenger rear caliper on correctly and after 1k mile the damn thing snapped in half and almost cause me an accident. I complain to Ford customer and service manager called me the next day. So i went in again but when my caliper was replaced it wasnt like the oem color i had on rather it looked unpainted. So i had to go in again for paint because it started to rust after 2 month, they didnt have silver like the caliper i had on so told them to paint them all black. When i got the car back the paint job wasnt professional neither, there are several spot on the caliper is not painted or chipped. Im just so sick of it, if its not a major repair i rather pay out of my own pocket for peace of mind. Anyways, today without taking my caliper out, i did a thorough inspection best i could and it seems one of two the metal on the caliper is not center like the driver rear side. The metal plate is more to the outer side and seems like the inner side between the rotor has no space. Which i confirm using a business card, it could not slide between the metal and the rotor like the rest. Could that be the reason why im hearing metal squeal in reverse(intermittent)?but why no noise in drive? btw the picture of the metal piece im talking about its not the actual one, the actual one is being blocked wheel spokes. http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/IMG_0005.jpg