Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my first Mustang on Tuesday.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 07:18 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

My body shop offers a lifetime warranty on their work. The dealership where I bought my car doesn't have their own body shop so they use someone local in the town that they are located in and I don't know what kind of warranty they have. The problem with the dealer is that I don't know if I trust them to have the body shop do the repair right instead of just making it look good for now until the factory warranty is up. They are not obligated to warranty anything past the 3 year/36,000 bumper to bumper factory warranty. I would be more comfortable having my local shop do it because I can go see what they are doing vs driving 60 miles one way to go to their shop. I guess I will find out tomorrow what the verdict is.

Wayne
Old 08-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Very slick GT.. but surprised the dealer is being so difficult. IMO they should've just said that they will put on a brand new bumper from Ford of the same color, maybe that would be the body shop's job.

It's such a small imperfection but when you buy a brand new car, it means everything
Old 08-18-2013, 10:48 PM
dtul

I am considering the same thing as you right now. Getting a new car in September and I'm pretty much set on either a Mustang GT, Camaro SS, or Challenger R/T. I was pretty sure I was going to go with the Mustang, but the Challenger R/T really impressed me on the test drive. Anyways, what made you choose the Mustang over the other two?
Old 08-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dtul
I am considering the same thing as you right now. Getting a new car in September and I'm pretty much set on either a Mustang GT, Camaro SS, or Challenger R/T. I was pretty sure I was going to go with the Mustang, but the Challenger R/T really impressed me on the test drive. Anyways, what made you choose the Mustang over the other two?
I think they have 380 or so? I'd have to get the SRT8 with 470 personally

Did the R/T not feel like a boat? I think they're close to 4000 lb and the SRT is 4200.. way too heavy.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:58 PM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

R/T cranks out a whopping 375hp and weighs an outstanding 4080lbs w/o driver.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BairdGT
R/T cranks out a whopping 375hp and weighs an outstanding 4080lbs w/o driver.

no thanks.

was asking cause I'd like to get another muscle car (or build my engine) but the R/T and SRT are just way too damn heavy. Not only does weight make it a bit slower, but also hurts gas mileage.

camaro SS is nice and nice power plant, but they've become boring. I see a ton of mustangs but the '13-14 look real good
Old 08-18-2013, 11:51 PM
dtul

When I drove the Challenger I didn't notice it, but I was just on a frontage road. Also when I first turned out of the dealership I had an empty stretch of frontage road and the salesguy just told me to floor it, and I got to around 110 before I had to stop for the light down the road. After that I wasn't really paying attention to how heavy the car felt. The Camaro and Mustang I drove were both in the middle of the town and the highest speed limit anywhere around was like 45 so I couldn't do that with either of them.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:02 AM
C. Love
1st Gear Member

congrats on the purchase
Old 08-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dtul
When I drove the Challenger I didn't notice it, but I was just on a frontage road. Also when I first turned out of the dealership I had an empty stretch of frontage road and the salesguy just told me to floor it, and I got to around 110 before I had to stop for the light down the road. After that I wasn't really paying attention to how heavy the car felt. The Camaro and Mustang I drove were both in the middle of the town and the highest speed limit anywhere around was like 45 so I couldn't do that with either of them.
yeah that's the best way to sell a muscle or sports car

"FLOOR IT"

it's too bad the challenger doesn't have a redesigned/smaller chassis and weighed about 3600 lbs.

I almost got a 3800 lb pontiac GTO with intake/exhaust (instead of my mustang) and it was pretty nice with 350hp n/a. It felt like a boat, and was comfortable... muscle cars arent supposed to be light. Otherwise you'd stick a turbo 4 cylinder in it.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:00 PM
JWButler14
3rd Gear Member

If the dealership doesn't have their own body shop, dont let them fix it because they will do it as cheap as possible. Take it from my past experiences if you can back out of the deal do it.

Quick Reply: Got my first Mustang on Tuesday.