Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Dealership and TSB

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 10:46 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Default Help with Dealership and TSB

Sup guys! Ok for the longest time, I’ve had my car make this metal on metal noise at very low speeds from a stop, once in higher speeds it goes away or I can’t hear it, and sometimes It goes away for a little bit then comes back threw everyday driving..I went to the dealer, I have an extended warranty on the car but with a deductible of 100$. They look at the car and find a TSB 12-1-1, there telling me this inst covered under ford, which confused me cause from what I knew it was suppose to be covered 100% front to back... In any case its irrelevant because I found out how much the parts were going to cost but I’ve had 2 TSB covered once before with no charge, they told me because my car was under warranty? I told the service writer that my car has a fully covered bumper to bumper warranty** They tell me no car is covered 100% under the extended, which blew my lid off..Now I already know either way if it was covered under the warranty I would have to pay because of the deductible, (89$ installed) but because of me being mislead with buying this damn thing, I feel the dealer should take care of me, I bought 4 Mustangs from this place and that day I was Hot.. I have 2 separate issues going on here I really feel like talking to the owner of the dealer, now I have no clue what’s covered and what’s not. I also found out the person who sold me it didn’t work there anymore due to shadiness. So what’s your take on that?? Also the TSB lol Can I just buy the parts and do it myself?

PS, I’ve read a lot of issues with having bent axels?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:00 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

We have a Ford Rep here on the boards. Deysha. User name is FordService. Worth a PM to see if the warranty coverage can be explained.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
Sup guys! Ok for the longest time, I’ve had my car make this metal on metal noise at very low speeds from a stop, once in higher speeds it goes away or I can’t hear it, and sometimes It goes away for a little bit then comes back threw everyday driving..I went to the dealer, I have an extended warranty on the car but with a deductible of 100$. They look at the car and find a TSB 12-1-1, there telling me this inst covered under ford, which confused me cause from what I knew it was suppose to be covered 100% front to back... In any case its irrelevant because I found out how much the parts were going to cost but I’ve had 2 TSB covered once before with no charge, they told me because my car was under warranty? I told the service writer that my car has a fully covered bumper to bumper warranty** They tell me no car is covered 100% under the extended, which blew my lid off..Now I already know either way if it was covered under the warranty I would have to pay because of the deductible, (89$ installed) but because of me being mislead with buying this damn thing, I feel the dealer should take care of me, I bought 4 Mustangs from this place and that day I was Hot.. I have 2 separate issues going on here I really feel like talking to the owner of the dealer, now I have no clue what’s covered and what’s not. I also found out the person who sold me it didn’t work there anymore due to shadiness. So what’s your take on that?? Also the TSB lol Can I just buy the parts and do it myself?

PS, I’ve read a lot of issues with having bent axels?
First off, what does bent axles have to do with the TSB? http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb12-01-01.pdf

Secondly you are saying your metal to metal sound sounds like squeaky brakes? Clarify?

Lastly, Your car has a factory warranty bumper-to-bumper for 3yr/36K miles, whichever comes first. If you are already past 36K then you are under your extended warranty. Read the warranty section of the TSB for yourself.

The Dealership is correct most extended warranties are not bumper to bumper and do NOT cover TSB's which are voluntary. Have you read the fine print or did you simply buy the warranty at the sales reps word?

My advice is to go over your warranty with a fine tooth comb or have the service manager point out where it states what is and is not covered. Then, if you're not happy, get a refund on the unused portion of the warranty.

TSB's out of Factory warranty are out of the owners own pocket. Only recalls are covered by the OEM.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:33 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
First off, what does bent axles have to do with the TSB? http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb12-01-01.pdf

Secondly you are saying your metal to metal sound sounds like squeaky brakes? Clarify?

Lastly, Your car has a factory warranty bumper-to-bumper for 3yr/36K miles, whichever comes first. If you are already past 36K then you are under your extended warranty. Read the warranty section of the TSB for yourself.

The Dealership is correct most extended warranties are not bumper to bumper and do NOT cover TSB's which are voluntary. Have you read the fine print or did you simply buy the warranty at the sales reps word?

My advice is to go over your warranty with a fine tooth comb or have the service manager point out where it states what is and is not covered. Then, if you're not happy, get a refund on the unused portion of the warranty.

TSB's out of Factory warranty are out of the owners own pocket. Only recalls are covered by the OEM.

Yeah it's a squeaking noise, the fast I go the faster the sound is, you can really hear it when you go over bumps in a turn, but after a certain mph it goes away on a straightaway...The axle scenario was composed of findings I found on the forum of other people's scenarios that pertane to mine. In certain scenarios people's issue stop, a lot of what I read in peoples findings is almost to exact to what I'm getting so I was seeing if this might be my problem on top of the TSB...

I'm glad you pointed out some things in my warranty, no I didn't look at the contract , that's my stupidity to take the word, I didn't see at the time to go over it cause he explained as bumper to bumper so that really sums things up ya know, he even said " if a **** on my radio
Breaks its covered" " everything is covered don't worry" like I said I bought 4 cars from this place I didn't expect to get the wrong details about my extended.. Ohwell I guess I'll find out more about and do what I see fit...

I see on some websites the kit is 27$? Is this one side or both?
Old 08-30-2013, 09:03 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
Sup guys! Ok for the longest time, I’ve had my car make this metal on metal noise at very low speeds from a stop, once in higher speeds it goes away or I can’t hear it, and sometimes It goes away for a little bit then comes back threw everyday driving..I went to the dealer, I have an extended warranty on the car but with a deductible of 100$. They look at the car and find a TSB 12-1-1, there telling me this inst covered under ford, which confused me cause from what I knew it was suppose to be covered 100% front to back...
Hello SkyWitit23,

My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Let me look into this for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help. Also, you can check on your ESP coverage here.

Originally Posted by JFitz
We have a Ford Rep here on the boards. Deysha. User name is FordService. Worth a PM to see if the warranty coverage can be explained.
Thank you for the support, JFitz!

Deysha