Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who bought theirs new and still own it?

Old 07-31-2014, 07:22 AM
jRaskell
2nd Gear Member

I bought mine new July 18th, 2014, and I still own and love it over 13 days later!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:35 AM
Otter

Originally Posted by Gixx1300R
Purchased mine off of the showroom floor in 2006, still purring
LOL..Did exactly the same in April /06. Went out to buy a weed eater at Lowes, decided to look around the dealership next door. /06 GT Premium convertible on the showroom floor, traded in my 02 GT and I was out the door.

After 175k miles, traded in the Stang, an 89 Vette and an 85 Cutlass on a new Edge Limited last month. I have a 99 Vette and a 07 Fusion, but miss the stang, it was always a joy to drive. Only issues I ever had with it were the plugs(as most everyone does) and the leather sag on door panels(easy fix). Car still ran like new, did no mods, just the usual generic maintenance(oil, wires, filters).
Old 08-13-2014, 09:37 AM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Special ordered my 2007 Gt premium with exactly what I wanted in options. Took delivery in January 2007, immediately replaced the factory wheels with aftermarket ones. Brenspeed tune, C&L Intake, x-pipe, Corsa exhaust and a Hurst shifter. The car now has 156,000 miles on it and still runs and drives new. Here's the best part......I do all of my own maintenance on my vehicles because my dad owns a shop where I have access to do that.

The car STILL has the factory brakes on it. Front and rear! I have not needed to change out a single thing on this car from wear. I even have a brand new set of pads in the trunk just waiting to be installed, but I check them every time I change the oil, and it just doesn't need them yet.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:12 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Great posts everyone. Good to hear from you guys and see that this thread is still alive and kicking. Just a quickie update. My 2005 GT is now 9 years and 2 months old. It just rolled into the 79,000 mile mark and may hit 80K sometime next month. Going to be changing the oil (Mobil 1 5W-20 synthetic) very soon. Other than regular maintenance, still no major issues to report. Hard to believe 9 years has already past. Boy does time fly. I'm still lovin' it just like I bought it new!

Last edited by jt14894; 08-15-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:38 PM
CharlieW
1st Gear Member

Does selling it to your kid and then buying it back count? Satin Silver 2006 GT Premium 5-Speed. Currently just over 75K miles; mods are the usual suspects -- intake, tune, shorty headers, strut tower bar, rear swaybar, trim stuff, etc., etc. Put the stock mufflers back on after the wife complained about the Bassani's; seemed like an acceptable trade to get the car back in the garage ;-). Hasn't needed anything but brakes, (forgot to add the tires) filters and oil changes, but I do mess with it regularly. It has been a great car; comfortably took it on a 1300 mile trip in June with no issues. It is a keeper.

Last edited by CharlieW; 08-16-2014 at 06:31 PM. Reason: tires
Old 08-15-2014, 03:32 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CharlieW
Does selling it to your kid and then buying it back count? Satin Silver 2006 GT Premium 5-Speed. Currently just over 75K miles; mods are the usual suspects -- intake, tune, shorty headers, strut tower bar, rear swaybar, trim stuff, etc., etc. Put the stock mufflers back on after the wife complained about the Bassani's; seemed like an acceptable trade to get the car back in the garage ;-). Hasn't needed anything but brakes, filters and oil changes, but I do mess with it regularly. It has been a great car; comfortably took it on a 1300 mile trip in June with no issues. It is a keeper.
Hey! You kept in the family so I would say it counts. Ha ha! Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Jaydubau

Bought my 2007 Shelby GT new in September 2007 for my DD. It was one of two the dealer had in their showroom. My white/graphite grey and a black/black. for 2007 you could only get a Shelby GT in black or white.

It's still my DD
Old 08-15-2014, 08:43 PM
mark692

Bout mine brand new while I was in the military in 08, still got her!!
Old 08-15-2014, 09:58 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Picked up mine 18 February '05. Never even test drove one, just read the articles. When they called me in to pick it up, I said I should at least sit in one before I signed the papers. Did, and did. I got into it earlier today, and the odometer read 69,001.1 miles. its been a GREAT car!

My last car was a BMW heavily modified with engine work, electronics works, fuel system mods, and totally stroked out suspension. The Mustang just FELT and FEELS RIGHT! Sadly, my wallet hasn't allowed me to do a lot of mods, but, then again if I REALLY thought I needed to do something to it, I would have figured it out to make them happen.

So far, only a pinion gear leak, a fuel pump replacement, replaced the radio and I'm on my third set of tires. I still love driving the car and getting on the gas!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:57 AM
MBDiagMan
3rd Gear Member

I bought her 8 years ago today. There was a labor day sale that offered 0% for five years AND the rebate. Bought it below invoice and financed everything including tax and title for zero%. The problem is that the dealer inventories disappeared fast.

Just as I had given up finding what I wanted I was on a short business trip and stopped at a dealer along the way. My problem had been finding a manual transmission GT that I liked and wasn't too expen$ive. All of the cars with few options were gone, so this one was loaded. As it turned out I am really happy that I ended up with a loaded car instead of a stripped down basic model.

It now has 59,000 miles and change. Has been garage kept and is stone stock.

The car is burgundy red with the 18" Cragar S/S type wheels, Mach 500 stereo, Premium leather interior, 3.55 traction lock, 5 speed manual.

I have a few other vehicles so she hasn't always been driven daily. She still looks and drives great.

I will try to remember to get a picture and post it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who bought theirs new and still own it?