Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 v6 rough idle?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 08:49 AM
yiannisthegreek
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by yiannisthegreek
Perhaps but I really doubt it since as I said it's been this way almost since the first day I got it 2 years ago and it's been in to the dealership many times to try and diagnose this specific problem.

If after being looked at by a bunch of "trained" Ford mechanics and for none of them to mention that it could be injector related, it would seriously surprise me if that's what the issue is.

Maybe it's worth throwing a can of seafoam in the tank just to see...

Any other ideas?
Friendly bump...
Old 06-21-2019, 05:03 AM
David Simmons

Default Same Issue

Originally Posted by yiannisthegreek
Friendly bump...
Hopefully not a big deal commenting on this since it’s an old one thought it made more sense than starting new. I am encountering the same issue 2014 mustang 70k miles just bought it and didn’t know if anyone found a fix or just dealt with it thanks
Old 07-02-2019, 09:29 PM
aggrophobik

May as well chime in on this as well. Just bought my ‘14 V6 with close to 108K miles. Car is smooth as butter, save for when the AC is on. Car idles perfect with AC off. When AC running, idle seems stable but the car just shakes.

No dips in RPM, just a rumbly shake. Just wanted to join the club and subscribe to the thread. 😃
Old 08-21-2019, 02:08 PM
Chinchilla911

Default Any Solutions?

So, my girlfriend has the same car, 63k miles on it, and every 15 seconds the same thing happens. Only happens with the AC on. It causes the whole car to shudder. has anyone developed or found any solutions to reduce this? She said she her AC went out a year ago, and she got it fixed. It blows ice cold so seems like no actual AC issues other than it rattling the whole car. Appears to be a common issue but doesn’t seem to be a “problem” maybe just a design flaw?
Old 01-09-2020, 06:51 PM
WildCntryTX

Having the same issue with my 2013. Bought it new and have been doing the same thing since I got it. It now has 69K on it and gotten worse. When I press on the gas when the light turns green, it doesn’t want to go and then it jerks ahead. Not good. Had that vibration ever since I bought it. Dealers had no clue how to fix it. They said it was normal. Vibrates worse when the AC is on or if I roll the windows down, etc. Had the AC off today and acted like it didn’t want to go a few times in the way home from work. Getting worse. Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:59 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Curious about that , does it have a throttle position sensor? It could be out of calibration if comes with that sensor.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:08 PM
DetroitLegends

Originally Posted by WildCntryTX
Having the same issue with my 2013. Bought it new and have been doing the same thing since I got it. It now has 69K on it and gotten worse. When I press on the gas when the light turns green, it doesn’t want to go and then it jerks ahead. Not good. Had that vibration ever since I bought it. Dealers had no clue how to fix it. They said it was normal. Vibrates worse when the AC is on or if I roll the windows down, etc. Had the AC off today and acted like it didn’t want to go a few times in the way home from work. Getting worse. Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.
I have a 14. Mine has 95k miles I bought it with 70k it’s always had a shudder when I first put it in gear or when it’s parked and it’s always annoyed me. I have looked everywhere and can’t find a solution. I’ve done all the tune up stuff.

also it’s always done this thing when I go to take off at stop lights or speed up from 60 on the interstate it has a long delay about 3 seconds I always figured it out as “normal”
Old 01-10-2020, 01:39 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

The first advice I give to anyone who experiences an unstable idle is to clean the inside of the throttle body. Our throttle bodies don't have an idle air bypass port and thus rely on the throttle blade remaining very slighly open to draw air at idle. Any dirt deposited on the edge of the blade or on the bore can cause enough of an obstruction to produce a low idle or even a stalling condition.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:40 AM
WildCntryTX

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
The first advice I give to anyone who experiences an unstable idle is to clean the inside of the throttle body. Our throttle bodies don't have an idle air bypass port and thus rely on the throttle blade remaining very slighly open to draw air at idle. Any dirt deposited on the edge of the blade or on the bore can cause enough of an obstruction to produce a low idle or even a stalling condition.
I will do that this weekend. Thank you. Has been shuddering since I night bought it brand new. Just gotten worse this month.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:49 AM
WildCntryTX

Sometimes it will feel like someone hit you from behind when I do a slow roll to a stop.

Quick Reply: 2014 v6 rough idle?