MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   time for a new clutch or what exactly? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/700549-time-for-a-new-clutch-or-what-exactly.html)

Steven Bannoura 09-03-2013 12:13 PM

time for a new clutch or what exactly?

So as i posted before, i had a procharger installed in my car and now making 430rwhp, i stalled the car 3 times already due to the clutch not engaging right. The car idles fine, but feels rough when trying to move, like something is not hooking right or like something is pushing the engine back. When i shift from 1st to 2nd or so on even at low RPMS while cruising, the car bugs down and it feels like if i just started driving a stick.

I know it might be obvious but i wanted to make sure, but is the clutch not handling the power and not hooking? the car does have 78K miles on it, stock original clutch. I am getting a clutch installed soon anyway, but wanted to make sure its not something else to worry about. I also don't smell clutch, so i don't think my clutch is slipping yet.

Anyone else notice a difference after installing a supercharger? you think i just need time to get used to it as it feels like a whole different car?

Thank you

Andy13186 09-03-2013 12:33 PM

has it been tuned ?

Jeffk 09-03-2013 12:41 PM

How long have you had the Procharger installed? Did this start immediately after install?

Usually when a clutch starts letting go you get more slippage where the engine speed increases but the vehicle speed does not.

Steven Bannoura 09-03-2013 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Andy13186 (Post 8275842)
has it been tuned ?

yes it was custom dyno tuned. I am suspecting its the tune :(

Steven Bannoura 09-03-2013 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffk (Post 8275849)
How long have you had the Procharger installed? Did this start immediately after install?

Usually when a clutch starts letting go you get more slippage where the engine speed increases but the vehicle speed does not.

i noticed that right after i picked the car up from the shop.

Steven Bannoura 09-03-2013 06:05 PM

I might take it to a different shop that tuned my car first, problem is they are an hour away, but those guys did a hell of a job.

Jeffk 09-03-2013 09:45 PM

Try turning traction control off and see if it has any effect.

Steven Bannoura 09-03-2013 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffk (Post 8276091)
Try turning traction control off and see if it has any effect.

its pretty much never on , i always turn it off every time i get in the car. I did a little bit of research and it seems more like a tuning issue than clutch, car is bogging really bad and throttle response is horrible. I will call the shop tomorrow and let them know, and see if they know . I hope in the mean time, someone here can put my mind at ease :(

Jeffk 09-04-2013 12:22 PM

It does really sound like a tune issue. Hopefully you can get it straightened out.

Steven Bannoura 09-04-2013 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffk (Post 8276276)
It does really sound like a tune issue. Hopefully you can get it straightened out.

That's what the shop is saying, might be a glitch somewhere, they gonna drive it and find it, the funny part is that when i drove it to them, it drove fine and ran like a boss. I dropped the car off today and should find out soon.