MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Not Getting answers from Ford (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/701412-not-getting-answers-from-ford.html)

DisappointedGT 09-24-2013 07:09 PM

Not Getting answers from Ford

I special ordered a 2014 Mustang GT and it will be delivered in a few days. I got it from Garnet Ford in West Chester, PA and have had some questions I cannot get answers for. I wanted to change some things in the car and I contacted my sales person and the owner several times. The sales person did not know the answers to the questions about the car as to what is standard and what would be an upgrade. I have contacted the owner by email twice and have not gotten any response. What a way to run a business. I have a mustang and my family has had Ford cars for many years, and I have brought Ford parts in the past. I am disappointed in their service. I did not get a contract, just signed a hand written paper on the cost, so I am not sure about being able walk away from this deal.
Does anyone know if you can walk away from this deal?
If I can, I probably will go to a Chevrolet dealer and tell anyone that will listen, not to buy Ford cars.

jerstysu 09-24-2013 07:27 PM

Just wondering....What questions did you have? There are some knowledgeable people here that might be able to help.

AzPete 09-24-2013 08:42 PM

Most dealership owners that i know have no desire or time to work in sales or the complaint department. I would attempt to find the sales manager or general manager.

And I too wonder about the questions you have that would make you walk away from an entire make of cars if your family has really been previous Ford buyers as much as you say. Sounds like maybe you missed some of the research needed to properly order your car to your desires. Also, there is a ton of info online that can help you find out what is standard or not.....even a call to a different dealer with a couple of questions would help you....without telling them you have a car ordered.

If no money has changed hands, I bet the dealer will let you walk away but only they can tell yoj for sure.

Blacksmoke 09-24-2013 09:03 PM

You want to walk away from Ford after one dealership did not answer your questions? Especially when you asked them over email? Do you not realize how many emails some businesses get and how long it can take to answer each one?
If you are truly concerned then why not pick up the phone and talk to the manager, or even just drop by there?

Excuse me but...
BwAhAhaaHaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every single motor company in the world has HUNDREDS of dealerships like this.
It is not uncommon and happens with EVERY manufacture.

Sorry sure its not the way they should work but it's the way it is. Just like Taco Bell and Taco Bueno both have certain
Places that can't get orders right.

You need to get back to reality, no offence.
Find a better dealership but if you like Ford vehicles stay with them. If you switch brands because if one dealership, you're gonna run outta brands REALLY fast.

If they got your money or already finished financing you are stuck. If not, I'd imagine you can get outta the contract, no guarantees though. To me it sounds like the contract was an agreement of cost, not an agreement to purchase.
If you can't get out if the contract, just find a different dealership to service the car and take care of you after.

BTW...why did you sign a contract on a car before you were even finished deciding on the options you wanted?
Not very wise.

What are your questions anyways?
Why did you not ask them here just now in order to save you some effort and trouble?

Again as far as leaving Ford just because one dealership has failed to answer a few of your questions, that is both ridiculous and brat-childish.
Sorry but it is. You obviously are not the Ford fan you portray yourself to be, and truth be told you need a lesson on how the real world works, and that one bad apple has no bearing on the tree itself.

I'm sorry if I sound rude. I'm not trying to.
But still....it sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do, regardless of your age.

BrazenStang 09-25-2013 08:52 AM

Wow, one bad experience and you're ready to walk away from the entire make? Search the forum, there are plenty of cruddy dealership experiences. It can be discouraging, but I wouldn't give up so quickly after just 2 emails and some phone calls.

FordService 09-25-2013 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by DisappointedGT (Post 8285712)
I special ordered a 2014 Mustang GT and it will be delivered in a few days. I got it from Garnet Ford in West Chester, PA and have had some questions I cannot get answers for. I wanted to change some things in the car and I contacted my sales person and the owner several times. The sales person did not know the answers to the questions about the car as to what is standard and what would be an upgrade. I have contacted the owner by email twice and have not gotten any response. What a way to run a business. I have a mustang and my family has had Ford cars for many years, and I have brought Ford parts in the past. I am disappointed in their service. I did not get a contract, just signed a hand written paper on the cost, so I am not sure about being able walk away from this deal.
Does anyone know if you can walk away from this deal?
If I can, I probably will go to a Chevrolet dealer and tell anyone that will listen, not to buy Ford cars.

Hello DisappointedGT,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your order! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Changes on orders can only be made before the order schedules to build. I’m not sure what your questions where, but you are more than welcome to PM me with them, and I’ll be more than happy to help.

Deysha

Derf00 09-25-2013 03:39 PM

I smell a troll.... too generic, no details, just "I'm going to tell everyone that will listen to not buy a ford even though my family has many of them"...yeah...not buyin' the validity in the story.

Not to mention...did you try Fords website? It tells you what comes standard and what options you have... I'd ask if you have internet access but considering you found the forums...it's a mute question.

Falcon Fixer 09-25-2013 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Derf00 (Post 8286138)
mute

"Moot", sorry had to do it.

When I ordered my 2011 I sat down with the sales manager.
We went down the list.
Engine,Trans,Rear,Wheels,Exterior Color,Interior Color,Stereo,Glass Roof,ect ect ect
Oh and how about you give us 500 bucks to lock it down for you?

I smell TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.

And I new EXACTLY what I wanted and what was standard and what was an option by going to the Ford website before I even walked in the door.

DisappointedGT 09-26-2013 06:29 AM

My questions?

Hey Deysha,

The two issues i am having the first I thought the Gt premium gauges were standard in the GT base and the premium. But doing research in the last few days I found that to not be true. i asked the dealership if they could change my GT base gauges to the premium and they give me a BS answer. Is this possible to do? The other one is recaro seats. I did not see that to be an option when I ordered the car. I what them to get the factory recaro seats and switch them with my seats. I did not get an answer for that yet. I know there are ford racing recaro seats but i what the ones that are factory recaro seats with just recaro logo on them.

Thanks

Ricardo 09-26-2013 07:15 AM

:icon_violin:

Cry us all a river