Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 GT Exhaust Clip: Mac LT's, Bassani Race mid-mufflers (rear deletes), no cats

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 02:24 AM
Suicide Bobb
1st Gear Member

Default '06 GT Exhaust Clip: Mac LT's, Bassani Race mid-mufflers (rear deletes), no cats

Took this video a couple months ago when I was on vacation out in the middle of nowhere. I hate revving my engine when I'm out in public, I feel like the typical 21 year old Brostang owner when I do haha...Figured you guys might enjoy it though.

I'm VERY happy with the way it sounds. The crappy mic from the camera can't really do it justice, as it sounds even better in person. It's a notch or two louder than when I had my Pypes rear-deletes, cats, and factory headers. Completely different tone though, more old-school sounding I guess. Don't know how else to describe the sound. No drone anymore, thank God. It's hard to fault the sound, but a day of labor and over $1600 for the setup? Well, you be the judge.

Change the quality to 720P for the best sound!

Last edited by Suicide Bobb; 09-27-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Sounds just like my car! How did you get the Bassanis under there? Mine are axlebacks and they look like you'll lose a ton of ground clearance.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Suicide Bobb
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
Sounds just like my car! How did you get the Bassanis under there? Mine are axlebacks and they look like you'll lose a ton of ground clearance.
I got a shop to weld them in since I don't have a welder. They definitely spend plenty of time contacting the pavement...
Old 09-27-2013, 11:51 AM
NTO_GUY
Former Sponsor

Great sound! I bet it's even better WOT down the road. Yeah it's funny (and I'm the same way) how you get a nice loud exhaust, but you do not want to be that guy in public. Some times you'll be driving or at a light and there is another guy with loud exhaust and he revs his car, maybe to get your attention or maybe because he feels like it. You just kind of face palm and think real classy dude. Catch 22 I guess.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Suicide Bobb
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NTO_GUY
Great sound! I bet it's even better WOT down the road. Yeah it's funny (and I'm the same way) how you get a nice loud exhaust, but you do not want to be that guy in public. Some times you'll be driving or at a light and there is another guy with loud exhaust and he revs his car, maybe to get your attention or maybe because he feels like it. You just kind of face palm and think real classy dude. Catch 22 I guess.
Yep, so true...It definitely is more powerful, I can spin them into third now
Old 09-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb
I got a shop to weld them in since I don't have a welder. They definitely spend plenty of time contacting the pavement...
Nice! Sucks they scrape though. It's cool how your setup has no trumpeting. Mine did until I had Pypes M80s welded in before the axle. Looks like you stumbled upon the perfect combination of parts and placement.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Suicide Bobb
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
Nice! Sucks they scrape though. It's cool how your setup has no trumpeting. Mine did until I had Pypes M80s welded in before the axle. Looks like you stumbled upon the perfect combination of parts and placement.
Oddly enough, I had your same Pypes setup and it did trumpet.