Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Comfort in '06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:59 AM
ddell

Default Seat Comfort in '06 GT

Am I just old and baet up or are the seats in the new Mustang very uncomfortable. It feels like I'm sitting on rocks. Somebody tell me if they have the same problem or if I just need to take more Motrin and tough it out..
Old 10-10-2005, 12:29 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Seat Comfort in '06 GT

At first I said the same thing. Then I played with the seat controls and lumbar suport and found the perfect seating (it was like in the movie 'Trains, Planes and Automobiles when Candy screwed around in the rental car to find the sweet setup [8D]). The only problem is, when anyone taller gets in the car they mess everything up and it takes a while before I can find the same setup. Wish they had the memory control for multiple drivers. The seats in my sport equiped 325CI were the best I have experienced. However, the power of the stang and the new look prompted me to sell the Beemer and get the stang. I love the power this car has, given some lacking creature features of more expensive autos, like the Beemer.

Hang in there and you'll find the sweet spot. Just make sure no one changes the settings
Old 10-10-2005, 12:33 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

At first I said the same thing. Then I played with the seat controls and lumbar support and found the perfect setting (it was like in the movie 'Trains, Planes and Automobiles' when Candy screwed around in the rental car to find the sweet setup [8D]). The only problem is, when anyone taller gets in the car to admire the car, they mess everything up and it takes a while before I can find the same setup. I Wish they had the memory control for multiple drivers. The seats in my sport equiped 325CI were the best I have ever experienced. However, the power of the stang and the new look prompted me to sell the Beemer and get the stang. I love the looks and power this car has, given some lacking creature features of more expensive autos, like the Beemer.

Hang in there and you'll find the sweet spot. Just make sure no one changes the settings
Old 10-10-2005, 12:40 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Well my stock seats are fine, they jus get a little uncomfortable after a long ride although I have a different year than you do. One thing you can do if you can't get your seats just right is invest in a pair of racing seats. These seats not only give you better leg and back support, but also reduce car weight and adds a nice flare to the inside of your car.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Twister086
2nd Gear Member

i like the way my 05 cloth seats feel, they dont compare to seats in a german car but come on its a mustang not a m3. im satisfied
Old 10-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I'm a small guy... 5'8 x 145lbs.... didn't take me long to find the "comfort" settings on my seat.

I am very happy with the seats in my stang!
Old 10-10-2005, 05:05 PM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

I'm tall at 6'5" and I'me very comfortable in my GT. I had 2 Tacomas over the past 10 years and the leg room in the mustang is better. I also have bad knees and I love the fact that I can raise the front of the seat pad and lower the back part. That way my the back of my knee is still resting on the seat instead of bent and in the air when my foots on the gas. Play around wth it you'll find a spot you like.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:29 AM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

Ya, I'm very comfortable in the seats also...but it took a while to get the seat position and height just right. I wish that there was a memory function on the driver's seat because if the seat position is moved, it takes me a longtime to get it back just right
Old 10-11-2005, 01:36 AM
SCstanger
1st Gear Member

5'11" and love the seats in my 05. I've taken several 200 mile trips and not one complaint. After climbing out of my 05 and into my 92 ...now that was uncomfortable in comparison. Much happier with the 05 seats.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:36 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Once I played around with the adjustments I found the seat in my 05 to be very good. Even on a 3 hour trip I was comfortable the entire trip.

Quick Reply: Seat Comfort in '06 GT