Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt ons

Old 11-16-2013, 06:40 PM
DubVChamp

Default Bolt ons

Any ideas on bolt ons i should look into or anything inexpensive to add some horsepower thanks
Old 11-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Best mod. for the money, CAI and a tune.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:24 PM
DubVChamp

i was thinking Pypes Pype bomb axle back airiad CAI throttle body Maybe some others. The tune will bring out more power from everything right? i have flow master 40s and I'm tired of the drone and i want something louder.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:33 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DubVChamp
i was thinking Pypes Pype bomb axle back airiad CAI throttle body Maybe some others. The tune will bring out more power from everything right? i have flow master 40s and I'm tired of the drone and i want something louder.
If you want louder, look into Borla, I have tried Pypes, never will again. Yes CAI+Tune = Most bang for the bucK!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:04 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Get the best CAI you can, SLP Loudmouth's, and a tune. You can't go wrong. Then, suspension, cams, supercharger, whatever.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:40 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Hp and inexpensive should not be in the same sentence
Old 11-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

When I was younger, a lot younger I was looking at different Formula Ford race cars and a guy who owned a prep. shop at Sears Point Race Way, was explaining the different chassis to me and said "son speed costs money, how fast do you want to go.?
Old 11-16-2013, 09:55 PM
DubVChamp

Thats a pretty good quote… Why did you not like the Pypes? all i have heard is good other than sometimes that don't fit the best.. I test drove a mustang with Borla's and it was heaven. But Im choosing between some cheaper options ( Pype bomb, Mac Booms, SLP LM, Maybe flow master outlaws ) and the best Intake you can get at least on AM is the airaid race intake. what do you have to do in order to get cams?
Old 11-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DubVChamp
Thats a pretty good quote… Why did you not like the Pypes? all i have heard is good other than sometimes that don't fit the best.. I test drove a mustang with Borla's and it was heaven. But Im choosing between some cheaper options ( Pype bomb, Mac Booms, SLP LM, Maybe flow master outlaws ) and the best Intake you can get at least on AM is the airaid race intake. what do you have to do in order to get cams?
What do you have to do to get cams, if you can do the install then all you have to do is pony up about $750.00 and you now have cams, easy
Old 11-16-2013, 10:27 PM
DubVChamp

Sorry I'm busting your ***** but exactly how do cams work? what do they do? i mean i know how they sound and stuff like that but not details.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bolt ons