Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member with questions and need opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 12:33 AM
paradoxic70

Default New member with questions and need opinions!

Hey everybody finally pulled the trigger and made an account!
I own a 2014 Mustang GT premium fully loaded & track packed. So far I have a Borla atak CB & O/R X pipe installed. Got my Stang myself as my 20th bday present and traded in my GTO god I love this car I literally dream about putting mods on it.

Anyways I have a few questions and need opinions.
I have just ordered my Cervini's Ram Air IV hood. Now I'm in love with the hood but partially the reason I purchased it was for the people who have said they locked engines bc of cold air with the Heat extractors on the stock hood (I know they made that foam insert) I'm just **** I don't like stick on or in my own words "Ghetto" parts. That's like duct rape in my eyes. So ive been reading some people don't like it because the nose slits add debris to the engine bay & from what I researched cervini's is taking a long time to pull the trigger for a true Ram air intake kit.
I love my cars and making it my own true custom cars and I work offshore so I have a lot of time on my hands to consider ideas and parts im thinking about fabricating my own ram air kit straight to the intake. Such as the vettes stock intakes. The reason I came up with this is bc in the GTO scene the guy who designed the svede oracai had the same ideas and problems as the GTs did and was one of the best developed CAIs. What are yalls opinions on something like that, talked to a couple of gear heads on the boat and they said paper mache and fiberglass would work perfect any other recommendations for the type of material?

Secondly I'm wanting big power for two reason firstly all the ford and mustang dissers I want to blow the doors off of any GTR or ZR1. Ive been doing research off of the Helion TT system for our cars but I dont want to slap it on I want to bulletproof my engine and drivetrain clutch ect. What are the weakest points on our cars 2013-2014 GTs I know Upper and lower control arms and clutch begins to fail at 600+ what else? How much power can my stock 6 speed gear box hold?

and just for preference I love the sound of my Ataks but I am just curious because at the moment every two weeks I drive 405 miles to cstch the boat until I get a hooptie work truck im not pulling the trigger on FI because reliability goes out the window. I want to know how bad would cams change the tone of our car I want louder and deeper but want to keep my borla ive looked it up but in my results only found ghost cam stuffs also reliability I came from LS motors this is my first stang with 2 intake 2 exhaust cams whole new ball park and how are the gains?

Please and thank you for any opinions I know it probably on the forums but I dont have great service too look up everything would be nice to click once and see detail for detail what the community says.