Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do the 2010-2014 tail lights blink in sequence when you hit the brake?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 07:43 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Default do the 2010-2014 tail lights blink in sequence when you hit the brake?

I really want to get these, been waiting forever but I don't think they will ever be back in stock

http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom...ghts-0509.html

I like how they blink in a sequence when you hit the brakes, my current sequential lights do the same thing. But, do the stock 2010-2014 tail lights blink in sequence when you hit the brake? I think that I saw a few sequence when you hit the turn signal, but they didn't sequence when the guy hit the brake; I may be wrong though...

Last edited by JimC; 12-29-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

The stock tail lights on my '13 only blink sequentially with the turn signals. They all light up at the same time with the brakes. Even with hazards they blink all at the same time.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Fox Fader
2nd Gear Member

OE from 10-14 is only sequential with turn signals. There's a seller on eBay that has a plug n play device that allows sequential brake and hazards.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:27 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RazorGT
I really want to get these, been waiting forever but I don't think they will ever be back in stock

http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom...ghts-0509.html

I like how they blink in a sequence when you hit the brakes, my current sequential lights do the same thing. But, do the stock 2010-2014 tail lights blink in sequence when you hit the brake? I think that I saw a few sequence when you hit the turn signal, but they didn't sequence when the guy hit the brake; I may be wrong though...
These taillights are actually going to be back in stock in the next two weeks. We'll finally have a solid inventory on this product! These don't Sequence when hitting the brakes. However, they do have built in Sequential taillights so they will Sequence when you turn on the turn signal.

I hope this helps! Definitely let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
Old 12-30-2013, 09:32 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
These taillights are actually going to be back in stock in the next two weeks. We'll finally have a solid inventory on this product! These don't Sequence when hitting the brakes. However, they do have built in Sequential taillights so they will Sequence when you turn on the turn signal.

I hope this helps! Definitely let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
they don't?? the video on the product page, justin says that they do sequence on break and hazard at 1:33 of the video

another reason i like my early s197 more, can get aftermarket sequentials on americanmuscle.com that sequence hazard and break, where as 10-14 can't unless they go the shady ebay dealer route.

thats the main reason i love sequentials, not just for turns, i may just get LED bulbs for my tail lights, they be cheaper, i can have em now, and i think the 05-09 tail lights look tuff enough for me!

i used the word tuff!! like in that movie the outsiders!! mayne u guise we be dem socias or w/e , we got tuff mustangs!! TUFF!!!

Last edited by RazorGT; 12-30-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:37 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

they don't?? the video on the product page, justin says that they do sequence on break and hazard at 1:33 of the video

another reason i like my early s197 more, can get aftermarket sequentials on americanmuscle.com that sequence hazard and break, where as 10-14 can't unless they go the shady ebay dealer route.

thats the main reason i love sequentials, not just for turns, i may just get LED bulbs for my tail lights, they be cheaper, i can have em now, and i think the 05-09 tail lights look tuff enough for me!

i used the word tuff!! like in that movie the outsiders!! mayne u guise we be dem socias or w/e , we got tuff mustangs!! TUFF!!!
I'm sorry for the misleading information! I was sadly mistaken. I just spoke with the Manufacture to clear this up!

Built-in Sequentials. When activated the turn signals or hazard lights will sequence from the center light out and repeat until switched off. When the brakes are applied, the tail lights will sequence once and then stay lit during braking.

Hope this clears things up!

-Dan
Old 01-03-2014, 01:58 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

If the tail lights sequence only once during braking and then stay lit, how will anyone know you are turning? For instance you are at a corner stopped at a light with your turn signal on.... it sequences once and stops?

Perhaps I'm not understanding...
Old 01-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by potman
If the tail lights sequence only once during braking and then stay lit, how will anyone know you are turning? For instance you are at a corner stopped at a light with your turn signal on.... it sequences once and stops?

Perhaps I'm not understanding...
if you're turning right, the left brake light will stay lit while the right one will sequence. Same for the other side.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Fox Fader
2nd Gear Member

where as 10-14 can't unless they go the shady ebay dealer route
Really, man?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:43 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fox Fader
Really, man?
yeah, didn't you read above? they only sequence during turns, and AM doesn't sell any sequential kits for them for the hazards/breaks.

Quick Reply: do the 2010-2014 tail lights blink in sequence when you hit the brake?