Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost Went To Jail!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 01:22 PM
MR.Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Almost Went To Jail!!!

I live near Chicago and I have owned a few mustangs and other hot rods but have never had problems with any police. Granted, I don't do stupid things like burn out at every stop sign but I have never refused a friendly street race. I guess performace cars are so common aroud here that the cops just don't really care. Also, I don't have a front plate and have never been stopped, again it seems like the cops don't really care. I have probably jinxed myself for saying this!
Old 10-12-2005, 02:36 PM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

Although I respect some cops, and agree that street racing is simply not a good idea, I don't like traffic cops. At all.

And If I could just call Lojack for my stolen car and then the mob to take care of it, I would. You see the videos on the news of New Orleans police officers looting Cadillac dealers, jewelry stores, beating up old men, pointing guns at reporters, that is their true colors.

I sold my 73 Z28 restorod for that simple reason, I was harassed routinely when driving it. I did not speed, I did not break the law, I just drove the car. I'd get pulled over for "it looked like you didn't have a front plate" when, I clearly did and then spend 40 minutes while the cop asked me to pop the hood, trunk, looked underneath the car and whatnot looking for things to ticket me on. I only drove this vehicle in the summer and late fall. I'd suspect about 12 weeks total a year. And I'd be pulled over at least once a week driving it for some reason or another. I only received one ticket out of any of these, my "steering wheel was too small" which I had dismissed.

So sorry, I have no I don't like cops. I think most of them are a waste of money. Any officer besides a traffic cop is fine, but traffic cops are just glorified tax collectors with guns.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:48 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, a waste of money. Are you serious? Ok, so you have Lojack. Is that who you are going to call when someone busts the windows out in your car? As a previous poster mentioned; these cops are going to be the ones you call when something goes wrong. Long story short...deal with it!

BTW...spell check works wonders. Too bad there isn't a grammar check.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Lawman165
1st Gear Member

Hey General,
I hope my sarcasm came through in my post. Being an officer I took it upon myself to write what some of these guys were thinking. The sad thing is, we do have better things to do. Unfortunately some people do silly s%it right in front of us leaving us no choice but to act. I love cars and have all of my life. That being said there are good and bad officers. We are hired from a labor pool consisting of people from all walks of life. Some officers are big on traffic tickets. Maybe he was impacted personally by a speeder or racer like the one mentioned in the General's story. I can only speak for myself coming from a department of close to 5000 officers. Show a little respect and you increase the chances of driving off without a ticket. Nothing is guaranteed but I can say I have never let somebody off that acted like a pri%k during a traffic stop. 99% of the people i stop get a warning and leave happy. Ill get off the soap box now.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:31 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

On my way into work today, I had a cop pull up next to me at a traffice light, he rolled down his window as did I and he said "I love the mustang, where did you get it?" I told him where and he was just drewling over my car! HAHA [sm=drooldude.gif]
I have Mobile Guardian on my car, if my car gets stolen, I'm finding the ba$tards myself! IMO, Mobile Guardian is much better than LoJack - But that subject belongs to another thread.
Glad things worked out Andyman.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:33 PM
05Pony
1st Gear Member

yeah i have nothing against cops since i plan on being one and all but i just thought it was funny.. and he was pretty cool and let me go.. so i was freakn happy..
Old 10-12-2005, 03:35 PM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

So I didn't edit my post to correct some grammar mistakes that I did while writing it. I know your intellect is rather limited, but I assume you understood most of it none the less.

And I'll do the exact thing I have done in the past, not even bother calling the police unless I have to if someone vandalizes my car. I either take the hit out of pocket, or, call my insurnace and have it taken care of. I can't stand police. When you are harassed and pulled over once a week for no reason at all but the car you drive, let me know how you feel.

And no, I am not disrespectful to them when I am pulled over. I am compliant, polite and try to be helpful. But when you are threatened that I should go ahead and call a cab, because my steering wheel is a safety hazard being too small and they will need to tow it just to get a reaction out of me is ridiculous. Then to only have it dismissed later in court.

I've had hours of time wasted for no reason at all, I don't hinder them in doing their job. Why should they hinder me?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:47 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

First, you might want to check on who has the limited intellect considering you don't know the difference between hole and whole (amongst other things).

Second, I hear ya on the little petty things that you have been pulled over for. I obviously don't agree with that. Seriously though, you raced when you KNEW that a cop was around. Don't get butt hurt that a cop pulled you over for doing something wrong, especially since you knew he was in the area.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:53 PM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

What are you talking about? I never even mentioned the words "whole" or "hole" in either one of my posts. I didn't race anyone. I don't race on the street. I don't even speed. You might want to reread who posted what, you are obviously a little confused.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:00 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

My original grammar comment was directed to the author of the thread, not you.

EDIT: I should have clarified, my bad.

Quick Reply: Almost Went To Jail!!!