Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 4 cyl transmission noise and leak? No, I mean 6 cylinder!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 05:01 PM
AFemaleProdigy

Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI
Sounds like BS to me that they'd deny coverage like that. The transmission fluid didn't just disintegrate on its own; it was caused by a leak, i.e. a failure of another Ford factory part that's under their warranty.
That was my thinking. This is why my next appointment is scheduled at a different Ford dealership. I was not happy at all with the treatment at the first Ford I went to.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:07 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by AFemaleProdigy
That was my thinking. This is why my next appointment is scheduled at a different Ford dealership. I was not happy at all with the treatment at the first Ford I went to.
Hello AFemaleProdigy,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Has this been taken care of for you?

Deysha
Old 04-04-2014, 11:33 AM
AFemaleProdigy

My Mustang is at Ford service right now. I did take it to a different Ford dealership, which I am glad I did. They discovered that the noise was the transmission pump going bad and they are covering it for free under the power train warranty. I am so happy about that, considering the other Ford dealership service manager was trying to blame me for low transmission fluid, and say it wasn't covered under warranty. I was told it would take two to three days for the repair. We are now on day 5. This has been quite the frustrating process. I will let you all know how she sounds after I get her back. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2014, 12:56 PM
AFemaleProdigy

Just got a call from Ford. The carrier bearing went bad in the transmission, sending metal shavings all throughout the transmission. That destroyed the input shaft and the torque converter, and the transmission pump. So... looks like I won't have my car until the end of next week. But thank goodness it is all covered under warranty and they are giving me a rental car for free!

So for anyone that hears that noise like in my video, get it checked out right away! They said that my transmission could have seized up at any moment.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:06 AM
AFemaleProdigy

Well, they still have my Mustang in the shop. They are now telling me that one of the parts has not been "released" by Ford yet and they cannot even tell me when that will happen. So they will not tell me an ETA for getting my car back. What kind of crap is that? I said "So you are telling me it could possibly be months??" The guy says "Well I don't think it will be THAT long." Seriously??? GRRRRR!

Also, my power train warranty ends in 4k miles. I asked them what the warranty is on their parts and labor. They said that since this is warranty work, it is only covered for the length of MY warranty. There is NO new warranty specifically for the new parts and labor. That makes me wonder... so what if I had come in with 5 miles left on my warranty and they did all this work.... they are essentially saying that if I drove it off the lot and the transmission seized up 6 miles later, they would not cover their screw up. I am seeing a serious flaw in this.

I am really annoyed right now.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

The work should carry a 12yr/12000 mi warranty same as any work performed...
Have the dealership put the warranty in writing or check the invoice before you pay. The warranty is often described in the description of work performed in plain English.

If it's missing, check the back of the invoice. That is their binding agreement unless they say specifically (Warranty on work is 12mo/12K miles or until the end of the vehicle warranty, whichever is shorter)