Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! My GT is Whining, the airbag light is on, and now it wont start!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 12:42 PM
TK_Crow

Default HELP! My GT is Whining, the airbag light is on, and now it wont start!!

So I have a 2011 GT/CS and the airbag light came on, so I have made an appointment with the dealer for this Friday to check it out. Also this last week I have noticed a whining noise when I am accelerating, but when I engage the clutch the noise goes away. I know its not the Idler pulley already checked those, the belt is fine, and plus if it was them the noise would happen all the time. So I also am going to have them check that out when I get to the dealer this Friday. Now I go to start the car and the gauges shutter, the car tries to turn over, and then stops. My first thought was a dead battery, but nothing got left on. Soooo anyone got some ideas for me as to what it all sounds like?

Mods:
Air-aid Cold air intake.
Bama Diablo tuner. (93S tune is currently installed)
One piece aluminum drive shaft.
Full cat-back American thunder exhaust.
Royal Purple HP full synthetic oil.
1'' lowering springs.
Koni shock and struts
450hp-411tq.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

My 2 cents...

1. Bad or Loose Ground Cable

2. or Electrical Short...

3. Loose or corroded Starter power cables

4. A bad weak battery

----
Old 02-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

My transmission does the whining, very high pitch and increases with RPM. I learned to like it. Does your whine increase in pitch with RPM?

Id try jumping the car with some jumper cables hooked to a good battery just to make sure its not that
Old 02-26-2014, 08:41 PM
TK_Crow

Ya when I fly home I'll try to jump it off. I did find a TBS:
FORD TSB ARTICLE # 12-11-12
Issue
Some 2011-2013 Mustangs vehicles may exhibit an intermittent drivability condition, crank/no start, a blown fuse 13 in the battery junction box and may have Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0627 stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

Which might explain the fact that it will turn over and then shut off.

And yes the whining does increase with higher RPM's. It sounds like I am running a turbo but I'm not. I am thinking it is the throw out bearing, but I am not sure yet.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:43 PM
TK_Crow

The only thing that bugs me with the whining is the fact that it only has 27,000 miles on it, So there is no reason for the whining.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:46 AM
TK_Crow

Ya mine whines at high rpms
Old 02-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Before i bought my car I test drove a GT with 16k and it whined, Then i drove mine and it didnt whine as much, but after a ton of hard shifts and launches it whines a high pitch whine which does sound like a SC or something. It has not gotten worse , and i figure even if i got a whole new transmission it would probably start whining so i dont mind it most of the time and i actually like it at times. The transmission functions fine. Ill just keep using it until it actually breaks or gets to a point where i say its not a good thing.

Ford said the transmission was functioning normal when i mentioned it

I tried switching transmission fluid to royal and there was no change in the whine, almost no change at all that i could detect, i was actually suspicious that they didnt actually put the fluid in

Last edited by Andy13186; 02-27-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:08 PM
TK_Crow

Originally Posted by Andy13186
Before i bought my car I test drove a GT with 16k and it whined, Then i drove mine and it didnt whine as much, but after a ton of hard shifts and launches it whines a high pitch whine which does sound like a SC or something. It has not gotten worse , and i figure even if i got a whole new transmission it would probably start whining so i dont mind it most of the time and i actually like it at times. The transmission functions fine. Ill just keep using it until it actually breaks or gets to a point where i say its not a good thing.

Ford said the transmission was functioning normal when i mentioned it

I tried switching transmission fluid to royal and there was no change in the whine, almost no change at all that i could detect, i was actually suspicious that they didnt actually put the fluid in
what do you mean by SC?
Old 02-27-2014, 05:50 PM
TK_Crow

Crusinaround what about the whining noising?

Last edited by TK_Crow; 02-27-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Whining except when you engage the clutch.....

throw out bearing? How loud is it?

Quick Reply: HELP! My GT is Whining, the airbag light is on, and now it wont start!!