Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lots of new stuff on the way.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:37 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
aftermarket struts wouldn't be designed any differently.
Beg to differ, my Steeda Pro-Actions, mated to the sport springs, is different. The Pro Actions were a bit smaller, and the valving is obviously different. IMHO its best to keep same brand suspension parts together, or ones proven to be compatible (I.E. the Tokico D-Specs which Steeda also sells).....
Old 03-05-2014, 10:51 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dlazrael
Beg to differ, my Steeda Pro-Actions, mated to the sport springs, is different. The Pro Actions were a bit smaller, and the valving is obviously different. IMHO its best to keep same brand suspension parts together, or ones proven to be compatible (I.E. the Tokico D-Specs which Steeda also sells).....
interesting. Never had aftermarket struts that were really any different in design.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:23 PM
vixr
2nd Gear Member

Last edited by vixr; 03-06-2014 at 01:11 PM. Reason: dumb post removed
Old 03-06-2014, 07:04 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13blackstang
.Took it to be aligned and it was right on and needed no adjustments.Thats with a 1 1/2 drop front and rear..You do need an adjustable panhard bar.
I have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs now, and have been waiting to install until I have enough saved to purchase Shocks/Struts and C/C plates. It sounds like you didn't install C/C plates an had no issues with alignment? Right now I have enough saved to purchase Shocks/Struts and could install sooner if I don't need C/C plates. I have adjustable panhard bar installed already.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:56 AM
13blackstang

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
I have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs now, and have been waiting to install until I have enough saved to purchase Shocks/Struts and C/C plates. It sounds like you didn't install C/C plates an had no issues with alignment? Right now I have enough saved to purchase Shocks/Struts and could install sooner if I don't need C/C plates. I have adjustable panhard bar installed already.
I bought the camber bolts ,but didn't use or need them . I have the SR performance springs from american muscle . I kept the stock dampers and struts since the car only had 750 miles on them when I lowered it. Its a 1 1/2 drop front and back .I drove it for a week and was happy when I took it to alignment shop. Everything was ok and no adjustments needed.The car rides awesome just stiffer than stock . I did alot of research and there are several people who have had the same experience with little or no adjustment needed !!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:55 PM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

I bought the camber bolts ,but didn't use or need them . I have the SR performance springs from american muscle . I kept the stock dampers and struts since the car only had 750 miles on them when I lowered it. Its a 1 1/2 drop front and back .I drove it for a week and was happy when I took it to alignment shop. Everything was ok and no adjustments needed.The car rides awesome just stiffer than stock . I did alot of research and there are several people who have had the same experience with little or no adjustment needed !!
Your toe wasn't out of alignment? I can understand that camber may have been fine, but its hard to believe that lowering 1.5 inches didn't change your toe.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:34 PM
13blackstang

Originally Posted by krazykevin
Your toe wasn't out of alignment? I can understand that camber may have been fine, but its hard to believe that lowering 1.5 inches didn't change your toe.
I stand corrected...I had to go find my alignment sheet.The camber was fine ,but they did make an adjustment to left toe.It was at 0.00 and after set to 0.11 everything else was fine. Specified range is 0.00 to 0.20.. Sorry for the misinformation...So minor adjustments needed..
Old 03-06-2014, 08:01 PM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

I stand corrected...I had to go find my alignment sheet.The camber was fine ,but they did make an adjustment to left toe.It was at 0.00 and after set to 0.11 everything else was fine. Specified range is 0.00 to 0.20.. Sorry for the misinformation...So minor adjustments needed..
i didnt mean to come off bad, i just was curious. Thanks for clarifying.