Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help Me Get Through ECheck!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Gojira

Exclamation Please Help Me Get Through ECheck!

Hey everyone, first post out of desperation.

I just went through ECheck for the 5th time in the past 2 months and every time I get a "Vehicle Not Ready for Testing". I have tried the suggested Ford Motor Company Drive Cycle, as well as another Drive Cycle that I found via Google. I have also taken it to a shop to be looked at, but they couldn't do anything for me. I am losing hair over this!

If anyone knows any shop that can get me through (Northeast Ohio), or knows anyone that provides SCT Tuner ECheck tunes, please let me know. I will PAY and take my car to the same shop for repairs when I need them if I get through ECheck via their services. Please PM me!

Driving a 2007 Mustang GT with the following mods:

C&L Cold Air Intake, Ford Racing Dual 62mm Throttle Body, Steeda Motion Delete Plates, MAC Boom Tubes Exhaust, Bama ECU Tune (SCT Tuner)
Old 03-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Sounds like California....all mods needs a smog approval over here, and it better be listed on the EXECUTIVE ORDER aftermarket website....sigh.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php
Old 03-04-2014, 03:33 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

How's your battery? If it's marginal low voltage could be the problem.
Invest in an inexpensive OBDII tester that scans rediness codes.
I had a similiar issue and the rediness tester was a great help when talking to the tuner.
It also helps to know how many "not ready" flags will pass in your state. For example, NJ allows 1 "not ready" as long as it's not catalyst related and the continious monitors are ready and running. I pass every year with an EGR not ready.

Last edited by GrayPony; 03-04-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:20 PM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

Which Bama tune are you running? I think they turn off the rear O2 sensors on the race tune.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:01 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by edwin108
Which Bama tune are you running? I think they turn off the rear O2 sensors on the race tune.
+1, I would verify the rear o2 sensors are turned on.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Which monitors have not run?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:59 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

It's probably a good idea to return your car to stock tune since I see in your list of mods that you're running BAMA; before doing any sort of emissions testing. I don't know what else it could be
Old 03-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Believe some folks have also gotten BAMA to provide an emissions safe tune, but also you may have one already in your SCT if you have a lower octane tune from BAMA that keeps( as others have said) the o2 sensors on.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

If you're getting not ready, then not all your sensors are turned on, ask Bama for a tune with all the sensors on. Then take it for 3 drive cycles totalling at least 50 miles total, then plug in your SCT to verify no codes are tripped, you should be able to see sensor readiness through the SCT also I think.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:58 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Hey Gojira,

I wanted to post my response to your other thread here too, in case other members have a similar question. Figure it would be best for everyone. Hope you don't mind!

Originally Posted by Gojira
Shane, I'm not having any issues passing or failing, as I can't even get to that point. I do, however, have catalytic converters.

When the OBD sensor is plugged into my OBD port, the computer reads "This Vehicle Is Not Ready". The last time I changed my tune was yesterday, as I was desperate to try anything. AFTER setting the race tune, I let it sit overnight for 8 hours and attempted a "Drive Cycle" this morning. I got "Not Ready" again this afternoon. I set it to the "Race" tune because none of the other (2) tunes would work. It also fails to load the "Return to Factory" setting.

I got "Not Ready" four times prior to attempting to tune my car.
Gojira,

I understand the issue you're having is getting the rear O2 sensors to "Ready." There's a few reasons they're still reading "Not Ready, which can be easily fixed as long as you're still using the stock catalytic converters.

First- you must use the Street or Performance tune. As the rear O2 sensors will NEVER read "Ready" with the Race Tune. Make sure either the Street or the Performance tune is loaded and then do not change the tune until you get through the emissions inspection.

Every time you change the tune, you wipe the KAM memory. This is the memory that you attempt to build up during a "drive cycle." The rear O2 sensors will only read "Ready" when they've stored enough KAM memory. Again, any time the tune is changed the KAM memory is wiped.

Assuming you have the stock catalytic converters, the Street or Performance Tune loaded, and you don't disconnect the battery or wipe the KAM memory in anyway. Then your emissions readiness checks will read "Ready" after roughly a 100miles of mixed driving. It could happen sooner, but it's usually around 100miles. You should also complete this 100miles in two or more drive cycles. One drive cycle will not work.

Give this a try and let me know how you make out. I'm sure you'll be fine though!

Shane

Quick Reply: Please Help Me Get Through ECheck!