Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to replace the stock spoiler with the Shelby

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 11:11 AM
cedarmn
1st Gear Member

Default Looking to replace the stock spoiler with the Shelby

Hey Guys and Gals, this is my first post on the forum, I am a newbie.

I have mustang blood flowing through me and am looking to start my mod on a 2005 GT convt. (currently 100% stock and original)

I would like to buy and install a Shelby spoiler to replace the stock spoiler that is in the attached picture. My question is will it mount in the stock holes?

Thanks for the help and please let me know any ideas I should consider to improve my car

Ryan
Attached Thumbnails Looking to replace the stock spoiler with the Shelby-photo-3.jpg  
Old 03-25-2014, 12:42 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Yes, it'll mount right up using the factory holes. The one I had ordered for my 06 was from eBay (The Spoiler Store) and fit perfectly.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:31 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

There's so much you can do. Shelby style spoiler does mount up. Supercharge it, suspension, brakes, electronics, lighting...basically if you can think it up someone here has probably done it.

If that were my car and money was a little tight, start with CAI and tune, then gears. Then springs and dampeners. Then make it prettier with some stripes, wheels, etc.. etc... etc... You can go on an on.

No throttle body spacers. Just take that off the table right now.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:45 AM
cedarmn
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I've searched eBay for the spoiler store and have not found him yet. I know American Muscle has the spoiler that will bold right on but there prices are more than double eBay's.
WCGMAN your tips are awesome.

My plan was this spoiler, then 20" Foose staggered wheels. I have order my offroad X pipe already.

I would like to do the CAI. Can I put one on without doing the tune? If so I found a stainless steel K&N setup for $100. I just do not want a dash light for an error code by doing it.

Also I think my car needs a hood and a Shelby silver stripe but that is done the road. Also a vortec would not hurt. just not in the budget
Old 03-26-2014, 06:13 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cedarmn
Thanks for the replies guys. I've searched eBay for the spoiler store and have not found him yet. I know American Muscle has the spoiler that will bold right on but there prices are more than double eBay's.
WCGMAN your tips are awesome.

My plan was this spoiler, then 20" Foose staggered wheels. I have order my offroad X pipe already.

I would like to do the CAI. Can I put one on without doing the tune? If so I found a stainless steel K&N setup for $100. I just do not want a dash light for an error code by doing it.

Also I think my car needs a hood and a Shelby silver stripe but that is done the road. Also a vortec would not hurt. just not in the budget
I'm not sure the spoiler store is still around. I know myself as well as other people on the forum have had problems with the clear coat coming off after a few years. Apparently they didn't use quality clear. I have gotten painted parts from American Muscle and it was a much better quality so I'd suggest spending just a little more to get quality. There is also a forum discount with american muscle, just PM one of the reps on here.

You CAN find intakes that don't need a tune, and normally they will say no tune required, but you won't see any gain from them really. Most of the power gains come from the tune. If you wanted a set-up where you could do either, check out Airaid. Thats what I have, and I ran it with the insert so I didn't have to tune it since I was in Europe and wasn't sure I could get a tune for their standard of gas (which was stupid thinking by the way). All you have to do is take out the insert if you want to re-tune the car.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:24 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I'm a big fan of suspension upgrades for more grip in a straight line and in the corners.
www.uprproducts.com has plenty of nice suspension pieces, Made in America with a Lifetime Guarantee.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:21 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

I recently installed one of the gt500 spoilers recently; had to drill 2 other holes and cover 2 up under the new spoiler.
Got mine off of ebay too, but not painted, as I was getting other things painted, along with painted stripes.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:43 PM
cedarmn
1st Gear Member

Guys does anyone know the discount code for American Muscle? I am not able to PM yet since I do not have enough posts.

feel free to email me ryanfurtado@hotmail.com

Thanks for the tips guys.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:04 PM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

AmericanMuscle Dicount Code. READ THIS FIRST!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 AM
cedarmn
1st Gear Member

Thanks for passing on the link Waykooljr. I will have to get my posts up so I can send a PM. Guys you have all been very helpful. If anyone has anything that will fit my 2005 convt styling wise that would like to sell, throw me an offer.

Here is a list of ideas I had.

Obviously the Shelby spoiler
side scoops?
front fascia?
order my offroad x pipe. I'm running with my stock catback system now as I like the sound just need more of it.
Would love the roll bar but $$$

Now that I've joined and learned that a CAI is nothing without the programer I'll wait and do them together when I can.

Thanks again everyone!