Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed on my experience so far.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:01 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Yup whenever I had issues with my dealership I have contacted Ford and it always gets taken care of.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04stangman
Jdback19...
The more I sit here and stew and read these replies Im starting to feel exactly how you describe. :/ Maybe its time I make my voice heard. Im going to copy the first post with a few changes and send the owner an Email right now...
I feel your pain. I took my 2013 in to have them replace a vibrating rear view mirror (under warranty) and after about an hour, the service advisor comes up to me to let me know that they cracked my windshield straight down the center trying to get the mirror off. They ordered another windshield and I'm waiting for their call.

Express your issues with the Service Manager and GM. You should AT LEAST be compensated with a loaner car or rental while they fix the problem that THEY created.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:05 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Haha overreacting? No ****ing way.
You're being a lot more patient than most would be, and probably more than you should be. Few things get accomplished by being an *******, but there is nothing wrong with being assertive. I would be all over them if there were issues with a base Focus. For a new GT500? Yeah, it wouldn't be good.

If they don't get back to you soon, go in and talk to the service manager. If they don't set it straight, go to the general manager. These places should have the opportunity to set a mistake straight before you go to cooperate, especially when it may only be a few slack off employees causing the problem without the managers' knowledge.

The first thing they need to take care of is a loaner car. That is completely ridiculous, since they are the reason you're having to take the car back in.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:13 AM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Come over to Utahstangs.org and someone will help you out.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:39 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

You don't have to go in guns blazing to start. Begin with the "Im not leaving until this is fixed or I have some solid answers" tactic. If they sandbag, then start raising the voice.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:39 AM
04stangman
2nd Gear Member

Update...
So yesterday I snapped and sent an email to the owner of the dealership where I got my car. In the matter of about an hour I got 1 call from the scheduling secretary, an Email from the Shelby guy in the shop saying my stripe just arrived and he wanted to know when I could schedule a time to get it in there to get fixed... then I received a phone call from the owner. He told me that he didn't have any idea about any of this stuff, he made what sounded like a humble apology and he promised me when I took it in next week the would leave in the perfect condition that it should have been in weeks ago.
So what are the odds that the stripe just happened to come in the same day, lmao. Anyways... I got a little attention and the owner didn't waste anytime making things happen. So for now Ill be happy... But I swear when I take it back in to get this stuff fixed and it comes back flawed again... they can keep it!
Thanks guys for all your advice, it really did/does help.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:43 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

That's awesome, Stangman. Lol no. They've got done douchebags working in the parts department is what it sounds like.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:17 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 04stangman
Sup guys….
I’m trying not to get discouraged and I’m looking for a little advice or input to see if I’m just getting a little depressed or the service I’m getting from my dealer is not up to par. Maybe some of your input might help adjust my feelings or the way I’m doing business. ...
Hey 04stangman,

Let me know if you’d like for me to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me again with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by wcgman
I can honestly understand the blower motor thing. It probably wasnt really blown but just a loose connection from shipping. Regardless, not a big deal and they fixed it. But yeah for 70k, I'd be kicking someones *** up around their shoulders. Again, I know Im aggressive right now (just had a friend pass, all the guys at work quit, etc...) so Im not in a good place to be giving advice. Trying to be totally rational about your situation, the way your dealer is treating you is poor in my opinion. If you have access to another dealer, I would contact their GM and see if they can help you. Also, reach out to Deysha here on the forums.
Thanks for the support, wcgman!

Deysha
Old 04-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

That is why I don't let other people wash/detail my car. I'm picky about it and hate swirl marks. I didn't even want them to wash it before they gave me the keys (ordered the car) but they said they had to.. and behold, I get home and look at it and see a bunch of scratches in the hood. (might not have been from the washing, but i suspect it was) they did take it to a paint shop and got it all fixed up for me, got all the scratches buffed out though so no big deal in the end.

So if you take your car in, tell them you don't want them to wash it because you are picky about things. (I don't use a pressure washer on my vehicle, think it hurts more than helps).

My brother took his 2013 ford fussion in for some work, they washed it with what looked like brillo pads, it had the worst swirl marks imaginable, even after taking it to a pro to be buffed you can still see them, not as bad, but still there... ofcourse it's black so it stands out.. and my mustang is kona blue so it's almost as bad if I get them. (so far so good after 3 years of ownership)

This Saturday should be a good time for me to do my spring wax... getting all the way up to 62 degrees here for a high heheh.

Last edited by Mishri; 04-17-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:17 PM
04stangman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hey 04stangman,

Let me know if you’d like for me to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me again with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Thanks for the support, wcgman!

Deysha
Thanks a bunch Deysha... If they don't get it right this time Ill will be taking you up on your offer of support. But I think as it goes now, I need more friends than enemies. at the dealership... I just don't want to make anyone mad at my dealership by taking it to that level. Then Ill probably have worse luck over there.... :/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice needed on my experience so far.