Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track pack vs brembo, and recaro's worth it?

Old 05-24-2014, 04:59 AM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Default Track pack vs brembo, and recaro's worth it?

Hey all,
For various reasons that I don't want to get into I am thinking of trading in my 2013 GT for a 2014 GT.
I am wondering what everyone thinks, the local dealer has 2014 with the Brembo package and the 301A build and the security package. They are "willing to make me a great deal" and I have been there twice asking about it, and I actually drove it today.
My issue is that I "think" I want the track package and the cloth Recaro seats as well, but I am not sure if they are worth the upgrade... but if I get a vehicle with those options I will have to go to another state, Utah actually... apparently northern cali doesn't have any that have both the track pack and Recaros and Reno doesn't have them either.
I figure that this is a good weekend to buy with all the "discounts" and whatnot for memorial day but if I won't be happy I don't want to buy it. If I wait a week until I travel to Utah I can get a car (if it hasn't sold yet) that just has the Recaro seats and the track package and nothing else. I don't want/need any of the other options and I don't want to spend that much anyways. The security/reverse sensor package is nice, but it isn't a deal breaker. Other things are just fanciness that I don't care much about.
I don't need to buy the car, but I would like to get a MT at some point. I thought about the 2015's but I don't want to wait that long. If I get a 2014 now I can wait a year or two and get the SVT 2015/16 whenever it comes out.
Yes I know it is probably a waste of money to upgrade for a short period of time, but I have my reasons and they are good enough for me, so please only comment on if the track pack and/or Recaro seats are worth getting.

I do plan on going to both the drag strip and some auto-crossing, but I will also be using the car as my daily driver, and possibly my only vehicle, so keep that in mind please.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:08 AM
Black Fire
1st Gear Member

Honestly the Track Pack pieces aren't going to change the overall driving experience vs a Brembo car since the suspensions are identical. Since the TP cars are 3.73 equipped the only question would be what gears are in the Brembo car at the local dealer ?
As far as the Recaro's some like them for DD some don't.

Drove a 14 TP GT last night and it felt no different then my `12 Brembo GT w/3.73's.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:18 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

It's all relative- the 3.73/Torsen is nice, and the Recaros are nice. If you can afford it, sure, why not?

Keep in mind, if you're planning to drag race and autocross it (you sound a lot like me) you're still going to want to make some additional upgrades. But that's the fun part of owning a Mustang!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:23 AM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the replies so far, and I definitely will not be keeping it stock very long . The current one at the dealer has 3.31 gears so it might get better mileage but that isn't why I bought a mustang. I think the better radiator will help, not just the suspension, and I have heard that the torsion helical diff is pretty great. So far I think it is worth waiting for the one I want.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:06 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I would get the best you can. The track pack.. necessary or not... has better parts. The rear end.. again, may be overkill... is a nice upgrade. I have sat in the recaros.. and loved them. My premium seats aren't bad at all.. but they could hold you in better.. and I personally would get the recaros if I had the opportunity. I daily drive my car, but also try to have fun when I can... and those extra goodies would give me a little piece of mind. It is worth waiting and going through a little extra effort to get what you want. Nothing worse than spending this much on a car only to wish you would have gotten this or that option.

I settled when I bought my first mustang.. and ended up trading and getting my current car as a result. When I ordered mine, I got everything I wanted.. and have been super happy with no regrets since I picked it up. 44,000 mile later, and im still in love.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:20 PM
RWDtech
1st Gear Member

Can't you just buy Recaro seats and install them yourself?
Old 05-24-2014, 02:32 PM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

I could just buy recaros, but they cost about $2500, while they are a $1600 option so it saves almost $1k, plus shipping costs, to get them factory installed.
I just found out a dealer in Reno has a car with the track pack, recaros, the sync package, and floor mats , and my local dealer was willing to do a dealer trade for that car and sell it to me. So I might have them do that... still gets me the rebates and stuff for California (almost $6000 with military discount, vs $3000 in Reno).
Thanks for all the help, and Ill be sure to post if I get it or not.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:24 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

There are a lot of different options for the recaros were you comparing apples to apples. Id just buy it and install the recaros.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:01 PM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

As far as I can tell they were the same, black cloth, the recaros from ford racing has the ford racing logo on them.
The dealer in Reno knows they have a rare car so they don't want to give it away like the others seem to do right now, so I don't think Ill find the track pack and recaros until I go to utah, I am going to look at some other local dealers and see what they have. I think the track pack is worth it vs just the brembo package so I will try for one of those.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:27 PM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

so with my negative equity in the car I couldn't afford a track pack with recaros, so I got a brembo pack with the electronics package.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Track pack vs brembo, and recaro's worth it?