Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Shop guys...get in here please

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Brandonscarinfo

Originally Posted by Roy_R
That's not a salvage title....you'll be fine. With a good shop you won't even know it happened!

This is exactly what I wanted to hear

Thank you!!

Any estimate on how much this will cost?
Going in for my adjuster appointment in a few hours...
Old 07-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Brandonscarinfo

$4,053.63 in damages...
Old 07-25-2014, 02:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ouch! definitely get a diminished value claim going. That will hurt the resale value.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Brandonscarinfo

Originally Posted by Derf00
ouch! definitely get a diminished value claim going. That will hurt the resale value.
Attempting to...other party is disuputing saying he had his door open first.... which is a lie... but even then..the road we were on gives right of way to the cars...
Old 07-25-2014, 02:56 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brandonscarinfo
Attempting to...other party is disuputing saying he had his door open first.... which is a lie... but even then..the road we were on gives right of way to the cars...
Your word versus his then? You'd probably win this one. From CA vehicle code:

22517. No person shall open the door of a vehicle on the side available to moving traffic unless it is reasonably safe to do so and can be done without interfering with the movement of such traffic, nor shall any person leave a door open upon the side of a vehicle available to moving traffic for a period of time longer than necessary to load or unload passengers.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Brandonscarinfo

Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI
Your word versus his then? You'd probably win this one. From CA vehicle code:

22517. No person shall open the door of a vehicle on the side available to moving traffic unless it is reasonably safe to do so and can be done without interfering with the movement of such traffic, nor shall any person leave a door open upon the side of a vehicle available to moving traffic for a period of time longer than necessary to load or unload passengers.
Yeah pretty much....I mean the damage speaks for itself...

Thank you for posting that. I appreciate you going through and finding it. It could help me solidify my claim...

So I just found out the the damage to my car is 2/3 of what my car is worth on dealer trade in....and 1/2 the worth of my car if I sell it privately...
Old 07-26-2014, 06:18 AM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

As long as you don't have liability only or the other guys is driving without insurance, you will be covered.

As for the bumper, I looks like it can be repainted and be fine.

If they can flatten out the panel without purchasing a new one, then I would say your repair bill will not be too bad, 2k or so. But if you have insurance, then it will only be your deductible so don't sweat it. If you can, I would suggest getting a new panel and don't let them push it out and try to bondo it flat.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:43 AM
Brandonscarinfo

Originally Posted by LordRipberger
As long as you don't have liability only or the other guys is driving without insurance, you will be covered.

As for the bumper, I looks like it can be repainted and be fine.

If they can flatten out the panel without purchasing a new one, then I would say your repair bill will not be too bad, 2k or so. But if you have insurance, then it will only be your deductible so don't sweat it. If you can, I would suggest getting a new panel and don't let them push it out and try to bondo it flat.

Looks like I will need a new panel...they said it would be way too hard to try and salvage this panel...too many body lines got screwed up.
Insurance already cut me the check....

May look into seeing how much I would get on a trade in for my car as is.... see if I can put a nice down payment on a '14 5.0 ..
Old 07-26-2014, 04:34 PM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

Always go to a few body shops and send the insurance company the highest estimate.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:31 PM
Brandonscarinfo

Originally Posted by JJHoover
Always go to a few body shops and send the insurance company the highest estimate.
Umm... wasn't aware that this was an option... I went to the office all state told me to...they estimated the damages and then cut me a check....

Quick Reply: Body Shop guys...get in here please