Price for 4.10 install - MustangForums.com


2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 738
Default Price for 4.10 install

Got quoted $450 to install a set of 4.10's with me providing the ring and pinion and bearing kit. Sound like a good price to you guys?
gmoran1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 12,260
Default

Sounds steep. I had my 4.10s installed for $200-$250 I believe.
2005Redfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6 View Post
Sounds steep. I had my 4.10s installed for $200-$250 I believe.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. They charge $125/hr and say it will be 4-5 hrs. Original quote he gave me was $850 for a full install until I told him I had the gears and an install kit so it sounds like he is upmarking the gears too.
gmoran1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 12,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoran1469 View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. They charge $125/hr and say it will be 4-5 hrs. Original quote he gave me was $850 for a full install until I told him I had the gears and an install kit so it sounds like he is upmarking the gears too.
I would def. shop around and don't settle for that!
2005Redfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:09 AM   #5
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member
 
07 GT E UPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 743
Default

IMO... I would Shop around and make absolutely sure that they have good experience with our years of Mustangs. Or, It could be a nightmare ! Labor should be around 4 hours and $ 340 .. depends on their hourly rate. Good luck , you will love them !
07 GT E UPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:33 AM   #6
drewsky
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 GT E UPP View Post
IMO... I would Shop around and make absolutely sure that they have good experience with our years of Mustangs. Or, It could be a nightmare ! Labor should be around 4 hours and $ 340 .. depends on their hourly rate. Good luck , you will love them !
This!

And 450-600 is normal WITH the parts included. Just make sure it's a shop that knows how to work on the fords! There tricky. And ONLY use ford racing gears!
drewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:50 AM   #7
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member
 
07 GT E UPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsky View Post
This!

And 450-600 is normal WITH the parts included. Just make sure it's a shop that knows how to work on the fords! There tricky. And ONLY use ford racing gears!
Yep Agree... FFRP Gear Set for sure ! Plus, Bearing Kit, Rear Lube (75W/140), and to be safe friction modifier even if you use Royal Purple.
07 GT E UPP is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Labor Day Weekend Special Granatelli Sales GT S197 General Discussion 5 03-25-2016 08:01 PM
Labor Day Weekend Special Granatelli Sales The New S550 2015-2017 Mustang 5 12-27-2015 06:28 PM
First Mustang 99' 3 differnt body kits installed TimeLord101 New Member Area 3 09-04-2015 09:27 AM
Help! Metra 70-5521 AMP Harness Install cbird1177711 2005-2014 Mustangs 2 09-03-2015 08:43 PM
Up To 30% Off On Ford Parts Continues Thru 9/8! [email protected] CJ Pony Parts 0 09-03-2015 11:43 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.