Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asking for a little help/suggestions on my late father's GT!!!

Old 08-06-2014, 11:32 PM
CMM

Question Asking for a little help/suggestions on my late father's GT!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the Mustang way of life, but excited about learning...

Sadly, my beloved Father passed away earlier this year at the young at heart age of 84. He was a car fanatic and he loved all his cars. He had a '12 Mustang Premium GT with Brembo's, only 2K miles on it, added Shelby Exhaust, and BAMA Tune. I have decided to keep it as a keepsake and it will continue to be a garage queen/fun day car. It has never seen rain yet...

I am planning on doing some mod's to it and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, recommendations, and comments since ya'll are the experts...

Here is the list:

- Brenspeed 710R Corvette Killer 710HP Roush TVS 2300 w/Fuel Pump Upgrade

- Cervinis C-Series Kit (Eleanor look, but painting it black with grey stripes) I may have them paint it, getting estimates from a few local shops here in Austin/Bee Cave/Lakeway

- MMD Bolt On Hood Strut Kit - Black (Will these kit the Cervinis hood?)

- Any suggestions on headers, X or Y pipe, that goes with the Cervinis side exhaust?

- Air Lift Suspension Kit - Digital from American Muscle. Anyone recommend any others?

- Niche Staggered Targa Matte Anthracite Wheel & NITTO INVO Tire Kit - 20x8.5/10 w/Pressure Sensors

- Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-Up Camera. Or is it better to just install the factory/OEM navigation? I have Sync already

- Raxiom Map Light LED Conversion Kit

- Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights - CCFL Halo

- Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights

-Raxiom License Plate Light LED Conversion Kit (10-14 All)

Guessing that American Muscle, Brenspeed, and Cervinis will be lightening my wallet here soon. So any suggestions on how to save money or find any cost savings is extremely welcomed. I plan on doing the supercharger install myself including installing all the body parts and such...

Thanks again,

CMM

Old 08-06-2014, 11:46 PM
CMM

Forgot to add that there will be "no badges" on the car, not even the GT badges. I like the clean look...

Also, I will be putting in the air suspension kit as well to save money...
Old 08-07-2014, 09:56 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Hey OP-Sorry to hear about your loss-Your Father has some really great taste. That's a great foundation to start from and you have a really solid list of parts there. If there's anything I can do to help with the price shoot me a PM and I'm here to help you out.

Alex
Old 08-07-2014, 03:34 PM
CMM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey OP-Sorry to hear about your loss-Your Father has some really great taste. That's a great foundation to start from and you have a really solid list of parts there. If there's anything I can do to help with the price shoot me a PM and I'm here to help you out.

Alex
Will do Alex, thanks!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 04:06 PM
CMM

Hey Alex, guessing that I am new to the forum, I cannot private message anyone yet...

Do you have an e-mail address?

Thanks!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:53 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CMM
Hey Alex, guessing that I am new to the forum, I cannot private message anyone yet...

Do you have an e-mail address?

Thanks!!!
Sure do! alex[dot]lazarus[at]americanmuscle[dot]com ! Let me know how I can help and if you're to have a parts question or need something answered immediately don't hesitate to shoot our customer service line a call at 1-866-727-1266 and they're there to help!

Alex
Old 08-08-2014, 11:53 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Really sorry you lost your dad but man what cool dude he was. At 82 he buys a new GT and mods it. I love it and hope I'm doing the same thing too at that age. Double check hood struts with that hood. Usually aftermarket hoods don't work with hood struts.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:56 PM
CMM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Sure do! alex[dot]lazarus[at]americanmuscle[dot]com ! Let me know how I can help and if you're to have a parts question or need something answered immediately don't hesitate to shoot our customer service line a call at 1-866-727-1266 and they're there to help!

Alex
Thanks Alex, just shot ya an email...
Old 08-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

My 83 year old dad is a car guy too. He was a mechanic all of his life and imparted all his knowledge to me. (He probably forgot more than I know now). I'm hoping to buy a Stang before he leaves this earth, because I want to give him a ride in it. He can't drive now and it would be a thrill to see his inevitable smile.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:58 PM
CMM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Really sorry you lost your dad but man what cool dude he was. At 82 he buys a new GT and mods it. I love it and hope I'm doing the same thing too at that age. Double check hood struts with that hood. Usually aftermarket hoods don't work with hood struts.
Thank you for the kind words! He was an awesome man, served in the Korean War as an ARMY Ranger and then for nearly 30 years and and agent with the CIA...

Will check into the hood struts, thanks!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Asking for a little help/suggestions on my late father's GT!!!