Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Extreme Review

Old 08-09-2014, 01:17 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Default Corsa Extreme Review

Gents,

The Corsa Extremes arrived last night. I installed them immediately and went for a 100 mile cruise. The following is for those considering the purchase.

Fit and finish were excellent. I especially appreciated the plastic wrapping around the tips which flawlessly protected both through installation. Because the chamber of the muffler is so far forward, it is very important to lift the car and loosen the clamps connecting the H pipe to the over axles. I also bought a creeper for $20 at Autozone and it made my life exponentially easier. Be sure to align the mufflers before tightening- I didn't notice that my drivers side pipe wasnt all the way back in the hangar so I had to adjust it this morning which took 20 minutes. No bending of the hanging rods was necessary.

The sound... dear lord. I removed flowmaster outlaws for these (For sale, PM me if interested). The note is very deep throaty and smooth. As others have said mouthy on a cold start. NO DRONE!!! Very mellow burbling on the freeway- if I listen for it I can feel/hear it but It's never overbearing. Quite pleasant. Idle is a low rumble. These mufflers are definitely sleepers- quiet at idle, but a furious roar at WOT that will put fear into the heart of ricers and Camaros alike. Also, condensation affects in the tip look freaking sweet.

Before dropping $700 on these I did ALOT of research including a ton of vids. The videos do not do these babies justice. It is not that they do not capture the tone- they do although not the complete bass range. It is obvious to me that Corsa designed these for DRIVING and not making exhaust vids in your driveway. In a standing vid with no strain on the engine, if you rev it, it can sound ricey and farty in the 4k range- sounds great under that though. But on the freeway, accelerating in that range with a load on the engine, the sound is totally different and thats hard to capture in a vid. It's pure galloping American muscle with a loud low angry roar. Think what it would sound like if you kicked Hagrid (Yes, Harry Potter reference, judge away) in the nuts.

TLDR: The Corsas are perfect in almost every way- the only thing I dislike is the sound at idle if i rev it to ~4k. Same RPMs under load are pure sweet sexual music to my ears. Everything is else is awesome- fit, finish, sound, the whole package. A true sleeper- better tone all around but stock volume at idle, near delete but not uncomfortable volume after 3k RPM. Something that you can drive to work and not **** your boss off, but still reflect back to your teenage self on the way home and make noises that terrify small children.

Bottom line: Totally worth it. Would do it again in a heartbeat. May consider Corsa's X Pipe and some resonator free over axles when bonus season comes around. But for now I am totally happy. Thank you Corsa- you just made me a lifelong customer.

Thoughts on those additional mods?
Old 08-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

The first mod I did on my new '06 GT 'vert was a Corsa system. Been driving with my Corsas for about 100K miles and I love them as much as the day I installed them. Best system on the road for my money.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Brando

Great that you like them! Appreciate the detailed review! Posting a video anytime soon?
Old 08-11-2014, 01:12 PM
CoolStuffForDummies

Good review, I know a few people around here who swear by corsa.

I respectfully demand an onboard video
Old 08-11-2014, 02:34 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CoolStuffForDummies

I respectfully demand an onboard video
+1 for a vid! Give us the Youtube treatment lol give us an onboard/idle/ fly-by vid. Even though I'm in love with my ROUSH's, it's always nice to hear what other Coyotes are running.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:16 PM
RetiredSFC 97
1st Gear Member

People who have Corsas swear by them. Glad you're happy with them.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:25 PM
SchneidyP4.6
2nd Gear Member

Here's my vid...