Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help, too many choices

Old 08-26-2014, 04:33 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

Default Need some help, too many choices

Hey all i need some helping figuring out what to get from american muscle. I submitted an install guide and it got approved!! so i have a pretty good coupon.

heres the guide i did thats posted on their website: http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...2-cust-new.pdf

any suggestions would be nice
Old 08-26-2014, 05:41 PM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

.....buy what you need/want, how the hell are we going to know lol. Now if you had few choices to choose from then we can help you.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:39 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13'GT Black
.....buy what you need/want, how the hell are we going to know lol. Now if you had few choices to choose from then we can help you.
Agreed. We need more info than "what should I buy? I have a really good coupon". If it was honestly that simple, I'd say buy a supercharger.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:25 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cema93
Hey all i need some helping figuring out what to get from american muscle. I submitted an install guide and it got approved!! so i have a pretty good coupon.

heres the guide i did thats posted on their website: http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...2-cust-new.pdf

any suggestions would be nice
OP-Nice looking install guide! That's tough! Find something that you don't like on the car and change it! Take a look around the site and let me know if you have any questions!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:32 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Gears, supercharger, torque convertor, cams, drag slicks. Upgraded fuel system. That should cover it
Old 08-27-2014, 11:32 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Don't forget that forged rotating assembly!
Old 08-28-2014, 03:52 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

^^^ ah yes for the icing on the cake
Old 08-28-2014, 06:52 AM
RenGen
Banned

Careful with aesthetic mods - what people fail to realize is that sometimes less is more, this forum has a much more tasteful view than most others imo. I think we all go through it, get a mustang and think of all the things you can throw on it to make it look as cool as possible, but I think the greater challenge is keeping it from looking tacky (most stangs in my area are either completely stock or completely overdone/bad looking) - which I'm okay with as it makes mine look better lol.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:02 AM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

I agree with that Rengen. I think i went through that with my first mustang. I think that i found a happy medium this time. I was just looking for something small u guys could think of. I got a good deal on an oil separator so im good on that but just looking for stuff i could have missed that would be fun to spend this coupon on. drag radials and a supercharger r out of the spending limit sadly
Old 09-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RenGen
Careful with aesthetic mods - what people fail to realize is that sometimes less is more, this forum has a much more tasteful view than most others imo. I think we all go through it, get a mustang and think of all the things you can throw on it to make it look as cool as possible, but I think the greater challenge is keeping it from looking tacky (most stangs in my area are either completely stock or completely overdone/bad looking) - which I'm okay with as it makes mine look better lol.
I completely agree. Rollin' on 24s with a muscle car makes the driver happy but I die a little inside, lol. If only more people would look at the stuff Chip Foose does, and how he uses big wheels. He does a lot of subtle things too that non car people like, even though they may not realize WHAT was done.

A friend of mine won an import car show a few years ago with a car that was completely stock looking from the outside. A closer look revealed custom milled parts, ceramic coated pieces, and high quality bolt ons. Simple, tasteful, and right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some help, too many choices