Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting cams with tuner

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 08:00 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

Default Adjusting cams with tuner

Hey all, my car is tuned by bama with a hand-held tuner (93 octane). it runs really well and my cams sound good coming out my exhaust. I was just wondering if there is a way for my tuner to possibly adjust some parameters so that my cams had an even harder/bigger/more pronounced lope sound? i know that usually to get a bigger llope sound u would need bigger cams but i was just curious. didnt know if they could adjust the intake/exhaust timing or what.

thanks
Old 09-03-2014, 09:56 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cema93
Hey all, my car is tuned by bama with a hand-held tuner (93 octane). it runs really well and my cams sound good coming out my exhaust. I was just wondering if there is a way for my tuner to possibly adjust some parameters so that my cams had an even harder/bigger/more pronounced lope sound? i know that usually to get a bigger llope sound u would need bigger cams but i was just curious. didnt know if they could adjust the intake/exhaust timing or what.

thanks
OP-

Good question. This is something that Bama would need to have set up for you if you're looking for more of a lopey idle! Shoot them a call at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you set up!

Alex
Old 09-03-2014, 09:40 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

I called bama and the guy said that they no longer write tunes for stage 2 comp cams or something to that effect. Hence they cannot make the lope sound more aggressive for me right now
Old 09-04-2014, 10:15 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cema93
I called bama and the guy said that they no longer write tunes for stage 2 comp cams or something to that effect. Hence they cannot make the lope sound more aggressive for me right now
hey, That's interesting! Can you let me know which stage 2's you're running so I can clear this up?

Alex
Old 09-05-2014, 09:23 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

I am running comp cams stage 2 VSR

these i believe: http://www.americanmuscle.com/compca...e2-vsr-05.html
Old 09-08-2014, 10:59 AM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

Anything get cleared up?
Old 09-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Sash
2nd Gear Member

i would like to get tune for my idle to
Old 09-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

With Bama.....I was able to go with the Ghost- Cam tune once I went with an O/R exhaust....

They wouldn't release an adjusted cam tune for me until I did get the O/R setup.

At idle it sound like it's a loping idle that almost wants to shut of.....then it wakes right up after you hit the throttle.

--
Old 09-15-2014, 05:07 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
With Bama.....I was able to go with the Ghost- Cam tune once I went with an O/R exhaust....

They wouldn't release an adjusted cam tune for me until I did get the O/R setup.

At idle it sound like it's a loping idle that almost wants to shut of.....then it wakes right up after you hit the throttle.

--
With our Coyote engines, you can very easily tune a lope by dialing in the TiVCT to close in the LSA and increase valve overlap.

The 2009 and earlier Mustangs did not have TiVCT so they relied on fixed LSAs of their cam profiles and possibly some exhaust mods that would provide some sort of back pressure or exhaust return pulse to cause the exhaust gases to seep in with the fresh fuel-air charge to contaminate it for the next combustion.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:20 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

That makes some sense. Two cams would be easier to work With than one for that. I just wish they could make my lope a little louder/harder. I have LT headers and an off road h pipe with loud mufflers. There's no hiding my cams but I was just trying to make it "lopier"

Quick Reply: Adjusting cams with tuner