Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth And Google Maps No Voice Prompts

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Double Tap

Default Bluetooth And Google Maps No Voice Prompts

I have a 2012 3.7 premium convertible auto with the standard SYNC.
I do not get any voice prompts from either the car or the phone (Nexus 4 fully updated and stock) when Bluetooth is on. When Bluetooth is on I can make and receive calls via the car but I don't get the voice prompts from either.
Did you have this problem and solve it?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2014, 02:55 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Hey Double Tap,

Have you attempted to adjust the interaction level yet? Check out page 8 of your SYNC Supplement for more information: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo.../12sycsy2e.pdf

Also keep in mind that you can switch everything back to the default settings by performing a master reset: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ter-reset-sync

Kim
Old 09-10-2014, 03:24 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

I don't know jack all about how the Sync works as I was too cheap to get it on my car (hey, car only cost me $24,719 new!).

When I use my cell phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) to listen to Pandora through the car stereo, when the navigation or a text message breaks into the music, it mutes the music for a second through the headphones jack, and the notification comes through the speaker on the cell phone. Is there a chance that the connectivity of the phone does this through Bluetooth as well? Have you played with your phone's setting?
Old 09-10-2014, 03:46 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

you have to be on bluetooth audio.

sometimes people forget that.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Double Tap

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle

Hi Diva,

I was about to go out to the car and do the master reset.
However before I do that I want to check that I am on Bluetooth Audio, how do I check to see if I am or not?
Old 09-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Double Tap

Originally Posted by Double Tap
Hi Diva,

I was about to go out to the car and do the master reset.
However before I do that I want to check that I am on Bluetooth Audio, how do I check to see if I am or not?
I just did the master rest and this is not solve the problem.

What do you mean by being on Bluetooth audio ?
Old 09-12-2014, 11:20 AM
dslpow3r
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle

You only need to have blue tooth audio turned on, on your phone if you are going to uttilize blue tooth connection to listen to music from the phone through your vehicles speakers. If you only want to use it to make and receive phone calls or text messages, you just need to have it paired to the vehicle. Which voice prompts aren't you getting? all the ones from Sync or just the specific ones surrounding the phone application?
Old 09-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Double Tap

Originally Posted by dslpow3r
You only need to have blue tooth audio turned on, on your phone if you are going to uttilize blue tooth connection to listen to music from the phone through your vehicles speakers. If you only want to use it to make and receive phone calls or text messages, you just need to have it paired to the vehicle. Which voice prompts aren't you getting? all the ones from Sync or just the specific ones surrounding the phone application?
Thanks for the reply.
I figured out how to turn Bluetooth Audi on.
However I now have a new problem with it.
As soon as I start Bluetooth Audio it starts to play the music on the phone which I then have to turn off. This is not a big deal.
The big problem is when I turn the music off I only get the voice prompts from Google maps through the speakers. No AM FM or Sirius.
I have not tried to make a call yet so I don't what will happen.

I need to listen to Sirius or the radio and get voice prompts just as if I were using the SYNC driving directions.

My SYNC subscription ended this week after the three year period was up and I don't think it's worth renewing. I found it a very poor service for driving directions.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:39 PM
berzerk_1980

Originally Posted by Double Tap

Thanks for the reply.
I figured out how to turn Bluetooth Audi on.
However I now have a new problem with it.
As soon as I start Bluetooth Audio it starts to play the music on the phone which I then have to turn off. This is not a big deal.
The big problem is when I turn the music off I only get the voice prompts from Google maps through the speakers. No AM FM or Sirius.
I have not tried to make a call yet so I don't what will happen.

I need to listen to Sirius or the radio and get voice prompts just as if I were using the SYNC driving directions.
I asked this question in another thread a few months ago. Unfortunately it looks like that's the design.

I really wish they'd allow you to "mix" Bluetooth audio with another audio source.

The only thing I can think of is to play the music on your phone and leave your system on Bluetooth streaming, then I believe Google Maps will interrupt the music. Can you get / afford to stream Sirius through the phone?

By the way I was asking the question about the nav system, so it could be different but I don't think so unfortunately.
Incidentally, do the non nav cars support AppLink?
Old 09-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Double Tap

I don't know if AppLink is supported on a non-nav system.
I hope we both find a way to make it work.
I think that Ford did this in order to get people to subscribe to SYNC Services if they keep the car more than 36 months. I might not mind doing that except the service is so crappy I feel as if I am throwing away $5 a month for nothing.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth And Google Maps No Voice Prompts