Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In search a mustang I can use for photos

Old 09-23-2014, 01:21 PM
shelbiimustang

Lightbulb In search a mustang I can use for photos

Hi all! I don't actually own a mustang, but my father does. My name is actually Shelby and it's clear that I am named after his baby, it's not the other way around.

Anyway. my father and I have had a falling out and I was planning on using his '67 for photos in my wedding, which I clearly won't be able to do anymore. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to point me in the direction of someone who would be willing to allow me to use the car for photos.

I've even already talked it over with my photographer and he is also willing to take shots of the car alone as well for you to have.

I live in the Atlanta area and it would be on October 26th for only a few hours. I don't have any preference on year, as long as it's a Shelby

Thanks so much!
Old 09-23-2014, 03:31 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

I might be able to do it if you are local to my area of ATL and my calendar is clear (so if you don't mind narrowing down to the location of the wedding). I don't have a Shelby, but I have a 2014 Mustang GT. Oh, and there would be no sitting on the car.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:25 PM
shelbiimustang

1) Of course no sitting on the car
2) The wedding is in Lawrenceville in the end of October
3) We wouldn't even so much as drive it, we just want some awesome pictures
Old 09-23-2014, 07:52 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Honestly - work things out. Life is too short to feud over silly family matters, especially with your parents. I don't know what your situation is but I know I wasted precious years with my parents that I can never get back.

As far as your quest to find a Mustang - I would *highly* recommend you find a Shelby Mustang to take pictures with and not just any old Mustang. It seems pointless to take pictures with some strangers car but not as pointless if it is a Shelby.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:16 AM
shelbiimustang

Of course I plan to work it out, but there are some extenuating circumstances as well that dictate his presence at my wedding. This how our relationship flows.

And yes, I know it sounds odd to just "take pictures with some strangers car" but, like I said, it's been an image in my head that I have had since I was little girl. The Mustang was supposed to be our "get away" vehicle, and even though I know longer have that opportunity (we're not leaving right away for the airport, anyway) I would still like the pictures to hold onto.

As stated, my photographer is also willing to take shots of just your car that he will edit professionally as well. I think that would also be a cool item to have for any car enthusiast.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:32 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

If you do this with someone elses car then find a Shelby. You'll appreciate it down the road than just some random Mustang. I'm surprised you aren't already looking for a Shelby and only a Shelby.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:51 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shelbiimustang
Hi all! I don't actually own a mustang, but my father does. My name is actually Shelby and it's clear that I am named after his baby, it's not the other way around.

Anyway. my father and I have had a falling out and I was planning on using his '67 for photos in my wedding, which I clearly won't be able to do anymore. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to point me in the direction of someone who would be willing to allow me to use the car for photos.

I've even already talked it over with my photographer and he is also willing to take shots of the car alone as well for you to have.

I live in the Atlanta area and it would be on October 26th for only a few hours. I don't have any preference on year, as long as it's a Shelby

Thanks so much!
My wedding is also 10/26 here in GA, good luck!
Old 09-25-2014, 12:58 PM
shelbiimustang

Awesome! Congrats!