Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Classic owner soon to be new owner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 01:43 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Default Classic owner soon to be new owner!

Well on Jan. 16th I will be ordering a 2006 Mustang GT premium, with black leather, Torch red paint 18" wheels, 5 speed

and currently, I am undergoing surgery on my 66 GT, I am getting it painted torch red, and i will be riding on 17" Torque Thrust II's with that.

so, pretty cool, huh? 2 Mustang GT's, they are the same colors, but they are 40 years apart, can't wait, just thought I'd let you guys in on the good news, I'll have to post pics when I get my new ride.

I drove an 05' Mustang 5 speed, and wow, awesome car! sounds mean, looks great, and it goes really fast, haha. Most def a ride I won't want to get outta of once I own
Old 10-18-2005, 03:09 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Classic owner soon to be new owner!

my 69 fastback is acapulco blue/black slats/wing/torq-thrust-d wheels...no engine in it since 84 or so(was 302).
my 06 GT(tomorrow???!!!!) is vista blue, stock wheels...they should look pretty close- eventually hope to fill the quarter glass and add 69 emblems there...pictured this the moment I saw the first 05 at the cleveland auto show last year...this might finally be reason to get the 69 going again (429 going in eventually)

waiting on this 06 has been absolutely horrible. hope it shows up tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:29 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

if you are going to order- got a suggestion:

ifI were you(ive been thru this once, and did it my way- wrong...worst car experience of my life...) heres what Ive seen work best from all the lurking around in these forums all night while waiting for my car that still aint here yet:

1) order early- get vin, ask dealer if priority swapping AFTER vin can delay producing it till ready- at least if it gets vinned you will see the car. wait too long, you might need to reorder 07
2) order thru carlos medina at gary yeomans ford- he's carlosm either in here or on allfordmustangs.com - never heard of ANY problems buying thru florida- he can have car drop shipped where ever. go to blueoval forums.com and request an x-plan pin from someone- carlos will do x on a gt from what ive seen. carlos guarantees 8-10 week delivery. some guys get in a month.

fords messed up allocation bull$hit makes it almost matter of fact thing that biggest dealer will always get cars first, and southern allocation on mustangs are high enough to get a decent deal. by all accounts carlos is one of the best. IfI had to do it again, would have to lean his way, as everything else just has too much stacked against it. the system sucks, and you cant fight volume.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:33 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the tips, but I am all the way in Ca, lol.

Anyways my boss at Toyota worked at the ford dealership nearby, and he can get me the best deal on one, which prob won't be that huge of a discount, b/c what I hear around town is that Mustangs don't get discounted that much.

But who cares? I can't wait to get mine

Good luck with yours! hope you get it tomorrow!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:18 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SCRATCHY30

Thanks for the tips, but I am all the way in Ca, lol.
I'm not that far, but he's over 1000 miles from here...can have the car dropshipped to any dealer nearby...I'd probably fly down/drive home ...someday still hope to do a cross country trip in my 69, but from the sounds of the 05/06 owners, perhaps I'll rethink that a bit and take the new one

back in'93 I put over 6000 miles on my 85 camaro in 10 days- ohio to west coast, mexico...sounds like a lot of driving(and it was- exwife didnt drive) but left without a clue of our destination, no schedule, spent several hours everyday at a neat place...grand canyon, vegas, old mining towns of colorado...was a really great vacation.

you are closer to texas- might be some dealers there to look at too- hear theyve got a glut of them too unlike the rest of the country. shop around early though- and if ordering, again I'd suggest ordering soon...someone else mentioned about a year ago was when the 05's that never materialized were getting ordered- fords assinine allocation system sucks, and theres no logical way to fight it.