Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 v6 3rd to 2nd gear grind

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 01:20 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

I think they have to give you a loaner if they have your car for a certain number of days. It should be covered under the warranty guidelines. I got a loaner when my sixxer needed a trans rebuild under warranty. With similar symptons as yours.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:52 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
I think they have to give you a loaner if they have your car for a certain number of days. It should be covered under the warranty guidelines. I got a loaner when my sixxer needed a trans rebuild under warranty. With similar symptons as yours.
Alright I'll see what they can do.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:03 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Longmont Ford just called me back--

They pulled the fluid from the transmission and it has metal in the fluid so the transmission is coming out. Theres 1 car in front of me that needs transmission work done so it looks like my car won't get started on until tomorrow afternoon.

No loaner car from this dealer they confirmed they literally cannot do anything for me on the transportation thing. Ugh that sucks

But I'll figure it out I hope!
Old 11-18-2014, 08:38 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
The new-vehicle limited warranty does not cover rentals or loaners while your vehicle is down for service/repairs, PNYXPRESS. Loaners are provided per dealer availability and not all dealers have that option. Some only have it available if you purchased the vehicle from them, or if it’s an extenuating circumstance, etc. This is also why we offer rental provisions with our Extended Service Plans with first day rental or after 24 hour rental, etc. However, age does play a part in most states.

Originally Posted by iamzatch
Longmont Ford just called me back--

They pulled the fluid from the transmission and it has metal in the fluid so the transmission is coming out. Theres 1 car in front of me that needs transmission work done so it looks like my car won't get started on until tomorrow afternoon.

No loaner car from this dealer they confirmed they literally cannot do anything for me on the transportation thing. Ugh that sucks
But I'll figure it out I hope!
Glad to learn they found the culprit and are taking care of it for you, iamzatch.

Deysha
Old 11-20-2014, 10:33 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

So after dropping the car off Monday, and getting a call Monday evening with an ETA of 1 week... I called back today after not getting a call at all this week as was told to me.

The transmission of the car is out, and the 2nd gear synchro is "basically destroyed". They ordered the part and are expecting it MID NEXT WEEK (really? ) so I probably wont have the car back until December 1st at the earliest because of the holiday.

This has gone kinda sour quite quickly.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:36 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Can anyone provide some insight into the repair process? Deysha? I'm feeling really left out of the mix here.

The last time I talked to my service advisor at the dealer was Thursday of last week. He was supposed to have called me once the transmission was out of the car, but didn't, so I made the call to him Thursday. On Thursday he expected the part to be there either Friday or mid-this week.

On Saturday night I was out with my girlfriend and we decided to drive by the dealer and my car was out sitting in the parking lot. I thought, that's weird, maybe its done and they just haven't called me. It was right before closing so I walked in and asked the only available service guy if he could check the status, he looked up my name and said it was definitely not done. That's really weird, why is my car that definitely has no transmission and potentially may be missing other components just sitting outside away from the service area?

Today I called the customer service manager from Ford that called me today, and left her a message asking if she could call the dealer for an update. Never heard back from her all day today. So, I called the service department at the dealer and asked to speak to my service advisor... he isn't there today. So I asked for a status of my car if they can look it up for me and the person told me he was unable to check the status of a car under my service advisor's account that it was "locked up"? WTF?

How did the guy on Saturday look me up?
Why didn't the customer service manager call me back?
Why is my vehicle sitting outside?
Why do I feel really outside this situation? The customer should be the primary person to keep informed and it seems I'm really being thrown for a loop! :/
Old 11-24-2014, 07:03 PM
13V6coupe
I drive a V6 because I'm a giant wimp

It is likely outside (pushed by hand) to leave room on lifts and in bays for other vehicles to be worked on while yours waits on parts and those parts to be installed in the transmission

They may push service vehicles back in at night , my local dealership does to some but don't have room for all

So the process;
I would guess-
experience problem in vehicle
remove transmission for closer inspection and find out what it actually needs
get approval/order parts for warranty
get car out of the way and transmission somewhere out of the way to work on other service vehicles
parts arrive
once the tech is free get said tranny back together and get the car back in and transmission back in
test ride, call customer

But yes very frustrating if they don't adequately communicate with you and miss projection dates and have help that is unhelpful...

Do you know , did they every get the parts and if so when?- It certainly shouldn't take long once parts are in to get the tech on it.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:09 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13V6coupe
It is likely outside (pushed by hand) to leave room on lifts and in bays for other vehicles to be worked on while yours waits on parts and those parts to be installed in the transmission

They may push service vehicles back in at night , my local dealership does to some but don't have room for all

So the process;
I would guess-
experience problem in vehicle
remove transmission for closer inspection and find out what it actually needs
get approval/order parts for warranty
get car out of the way and transmission somewhere out of the way to work on other service vehicles
parts arrive
once the tech is free get said tranny back together and get the car back in and transmission back in
test ride, call customer

But yes very frustrating if they don't adequately communicate with you and miss projection dates and have help that is unhelpful...

Do you know , did they every get the parts and if so when?- It certainly shouldn't take long once parts are in to get the tech on it.
Thank you for the reply, unfortunately they have not told me if the parts were in. Thats really what I wanted to know today, I figured they could just look the account/car up and tell me where its at but nope? Oh well.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:20 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by iamzatch
Can anyone provide some insight into the repair process? Deysha? I'm feeling really left out of the mix here. ...
I see the FSE already came out and looked at your vehicle, iamzatch. I will forward your info and have your CSM contact you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 11-25-2014, 08:41 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
I see the FSE already came out and looked at your vehicle, iamzatch. I will forward your info and have your CSM contact you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Why was an FSE dispatched to look at the vehicle?
Is this normal proceedings?

Quick Reply: 2014 v6 3rd to 2nd gear grind