Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees

Old 11-30-2014, 05:42 PM
13V6coupe
I drive a V6 because I'm a giant wimp

$2500ish gets you a brand new tremec transmission and about another $375 gets you the aluminum bell housing you would need to go with it

or go with an entire package including an aluminum driveshaft etc for about $5000

All those options are far more cost effective than fixing your current transmission since it won't be covered under warranty

And
I would go in and talk with them, regardless how any of the conversations have gone on the phone or via email etc. You need some answers and only the dealer can supply you with those. Bring a recording device, be assertive but factual (it is okay to get a bit pissed and raise your voice and show some emotion, just don't off the deep end and start dropping the f bomb...if it goes to court judges don't like that....... been there done that)and pin whomever in a corner on their answers.
That $2000 price, didn't you say that was for them to put the existing trans back together and back in before you took the car? How much to just take the car and all the parts just as it sits now?

And you should get a copy and read very closely your drop off form, you may not owe anything for their time if it doesn't spell out that there would be a fee, but if it is only an hour or two at their shop rate, while it wouldn't make me happy- I would simply pay it and get the heck out of there

You should bring someone with you, preferably someone who is mechanically inclined
Old 11-30-2014, 10:06 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch

I also am aware of the Event Data Recorder, and I am absolutely certain that if they looked at it they would see the car hasn't been abused in the manor they are suggesting. I feel like no due diligence has been taken in this situation, no thoughts put toward the possibility of a mechanical failure, no investigation what so ever.

^^^This. The data recorder is your leverage.

If I were you, the very next step I would take is to get back with Deysha or any other FoMoCo CS and demand that your problem be escalated to someone higher.

I do not know what an FSE is or if they are at the dealership level (above the head technician) or if they are the guys at FoMoCo's side making the decision to deny warranty, but whoever the FSE is, he is failing at his level by not even demanding for the PCM and data recorder to be investigated by Ford.

If everything you are saying is true, then that FSE IMHO should be strung up for neglecting his duties in fulfilling proper customer service.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:25 PM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

My understanding of the data recorder is that it is on a 30 second loop so it records the previous 30 seconds to an accident. Since there wasn't an accident there is nothing to retrieve that will be of any use to anyone. The last 30 seconds of the car running it was probably pulling into the mechanics stall and it was probably in 1st gear. I may be wrong on the time it records, but it isn't a very long time since accidents rarely last more than a few seconds.
Either way, best of luck, might be worth it to hire a lawyer that deals with that type of thing. At least find one and get a consultation, some provide 30 minutes free.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dkpGTCS
One thing about the $2k - it doesn't matter how long it actually took them to do the work. All that matters is what the Ford book says it should take in man hours to do the work.
20 man-hours to pull out a tranny and perform an autopsy is excessive by any standard.

Originally Posted by 13V6coupe
I would go in and talk with them, regardless how any of the conversations have gone on the phone or via email etc. You need some answers and only the dealer can supply you with those. Bring a recording device, be assertive but factual (it is okay to get a bit pissed and raise your voice and show some emotion, just don't off the deep end and start dropping the f bomb...if it goes to court judges don't like that....... been there done that)and pin whomever in a corner on their answers.
That $2000 price, didn't you say that was for them to put the existing trans back together and back in before you took the car? How much to just take the car and all the parts just as it sits now?

And you should get a copy and read very closely your drop off form, you may not owe anything for their time if it doesn't spell out that there would be a fee, but if it is only an hour or two at their shop rate, while it wouldn't make me happy- I would simply pay it and get the heck out of there

You should bring someone with you, preferably someone who is mechanically inclined
Good advice.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:34 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

My wife works for a dealer. I was reading the posts to her, and her advice is to contact the DMV. Explain your situation to them and they will investigate. She stated you would have needed to sign or verbally authorize a dollar amount given to you. They dropped the ball, and now they are trying to cover their ***. They needed to contact you after they found metal in the oil, and told you there is a possibility that this might not be covered under warranty. They would have to give you a price to proceed further at that point, and you would have to agree to it. They are trying to bully you.

Last edited by DRAGUL; 12-01-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:19 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Old 12-01-2014, 10:11 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThaiCobra

Wow.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:42 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
^^^This. The data recorder is your leverage.

If I were you, the very next step I would take is to get back with Deysha or any other FoMoCo CS and demand that your problem be escalated to someone higher.

I do not know what an FSE is or if they are at the dealership level (above the head technician) or if they are the guys at FoMoCo's side making the decision to deny warranty, but whoever the FSE is, he is failing at his level by not even demanding for the PCM and data recorder to be investigated by Ford.

If everything you are saying is true, then that FSE IMHO should be strung up for neglecting his duties in fulfilling proper customer service.
JIM5.0, an FSE is a Ford Field Service Engineer. He does not work for the dealer. Also, I’ve already provided iamzatch with next steps.

Deysha
Old 12-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Sounds a bit fishy to me...escalate the issue, warrantee should fix it!

PS. And never go back to this dealer...btw, who is it?
Old 12-02-2014, 12:34 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

I have Ford Corporate now involved in this issue, and while I cannot currently comment on the ongoing situation, I am hopeful for a resolution.

Thank you all, Deysha included, for the assistance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees