Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check your hood/trunk before its too late

Old 12-26-2014, 11:03 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
ALL RIGHT WE GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!
I HEAR THAT A CIVIC DOESN'T HAVE THAT ISSUE... BUY THAT CAR, NOAWWW!!!!!!!!!!
I heard they get better fuel economy than the Mustangs.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:18 PM
DPHC13
1st Gear Member

HA HA HA.... Insignificant? When it happens to your car lets see how "insignificant" it is. Now that this happened to my car and the paint fell off my hood, it made me look around at all different kinds of Fords with aluminum parts. Next time you walk by a 2008 Explorer take a look at the paint and i bet its bubbling off the hood and rear hatch. I sent a letter about my 2008 Grabber orange GT to Ford and just like all the other people that I have met online they all get the SAME form letter back. I take care of the car better than my kids and all the paint was bubbling under the hood and eventually popped and fell off. This is a known problem that Ford WILL NOT acknowledge. I had to say something when i saw what Cruzin526 posted. If you gave a crap, Google it and you will see it's a major problem and i hope all of your Ford products get the AIDs.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:14 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
LOL, I would hope so if not, it's time for a boycott!
Old 12-27-2014, 05:18 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DPHC13
HA HA HA.... Insignificant? When it happens to your car lets see how "insignificant" it is. Now that this happened to my car and the paint fell off my hood, it made me look around at all different kinds of Fords with aluminum parts. Next time you walk by a 2008 Explorer take a look at the paint and i bet its bubbling off the hood and rear hatch. I sent a letter about my 2008 Grabber orange GT to Ford and just like all the other people that I have met online they all get the SAME form letter back. I take care of the car better than my kids and all the paint was bubbling under the hood and eventually popped and fell off. This is a known problem that Ford WILL NOT acknowledge. I had to say something when i saw what Cruzin526 posted. If you gave a crap, Google it and you will see it's a major problem and i hope all of your Ford products get the AIDs.

Yes, this happened to me as well but I caught it in time before the warranty ran out and Ford (so they said) fixed the issue. Something about cross contamination with the aluminum hood. I took a copy of the TSB to Ford and they acted like they weren't aware of the issue but they did fix it. I wonder how the new F-150 is going to hold up with it being mostly aluminum?
Old 12-27-2014, 06:56 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
ALL RIGHT WE GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!
I HEAR THAT A CIVIC DOESN'T HAVE THAT ISSUE... BUY THAT CAR, NOAWWW!!!!!!!!!!
Im just trying to help and get the word out. Many people dont realize it until their warranty is up. Instead of being a smart a--, just take the friendly reminder and move on.

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Yes, this happened to me as well but I caught it in time before the warranty ran out and Ford (so they said) fixed the issue. Something about cross contamination with the aluminum hood. I took a copy of the TSB to Ford and they acted like they weren't aware of the issue but they did fix it. I wonder how the new F-150 is going to hold up with it being mostly aluminum?
Did your bubble ever came back?

Last edited by winkawak; 12-27-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:21 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by winkawak
Im just trying to help and get the word out. Many people dont realize it until their warranty is up. Instead of being a smart a--, just take the friendly reminder and move on.

Did your bubble ever came back?
Not yet.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:39 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Not yet.
how long has it been? im thinking about bringing them the tsb too but its not for 2013, dont know if theyll listen to me.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:42 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by winkawak
how long has it been? im thinking about bringing them the tsb too but its not for 2013, dont know if theyll listen to me.
Since 2011. If not treated it could lead to rust. I know.....aluminum isn't supposed to rust.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:32 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Since 2011. If not treated it could lead to rust. I know.....aluminum isn't supposed to rust.
Good to know that the tsb does work.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:11 PM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

Thank you. Typing in all caps really helped clear up the issue.

hahah +10

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Check your hood/trunk before its too late