Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check your hood/trunk before its too late

Old 12-24-2014, 04:23 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Default Check your hood/trunk before its too late

Im scheduled to have my hood repainted(all around the edges extending 5 inches out) on jan 5th along with my rear decklid(clearcoat/tape coming off). I was not aware of the small bubbles all along the seams until dealer pointed out. So i also checked my trunk today remenber seeing some thread on it and surprise surprise it alo has small bubbles. Small bubbles along the seam are abit harder to spot unless you shine it with a light.

This is unacceptable, its a 13' gt only 2 years old and already full of paint issues and mechanicle issues over the years. Honestly this is my first and last ford for me. Im just to tired dealing with all the issues.

Anyways see way too many post about people having paint problems with their warranty out. This is just a friendly reminder.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:06 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

The vast majority of people don't have any issues. The number of people posting to forums about it truly is an insignificant number.

Ford is a reliable manufacturer of quality vehicles, and will continue to get my money. Yes, they dropped the ball on this hood issue but they make up for it in other ways.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:28 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
The vast majority of people don't have any issues. The number of people posting to forums about it truly is an insignificant number.

Ford is a reliable manufacturer of quality vehicles, and will continue to get my money. Yes, they dropped the ball on this hood issue but they make up for it in other ways.
lol. Theres significant amount since 05, not just mustangs. As for mechanicle problem i can only speak for myself and i had alot.

Last edited by winkawak; 12-24-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:59 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

I have an 06' Premium Package, that is heavily modified, and have been very lucky with both the stock car and the after market parts. Paint is fine as well.

I still can't believe for the money I spent initially and for upgrades how fast my car is and how well my car handles compared to other cars I've driven for twice the money. Sorry to hear about all your issues. Must have been a Friday build car. Erik
Old 12-25-2014, 08:31 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eolson
I have an 06' Premium Package, that is heavily modified, and have been very lucky with both the stock car and the after market parts. Paint is fine as well.

I still can't believe for the money I spent initially and for upgrades how fast my car is and how well my car handles compared to other cars I've driven for twice the money. Sorry to hear about all your issues. Must have been a Friday build car. Erik
....or a Monday car. Maybe somebody had a case of the "Mondays!"
Old 12-25-2014, 09:20 PM
kingstrider
1st Gear Member

Just curious but is this car parked outside 24/7?
Old 12-26-2014, 12:10 AM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING THIS, ITS NOT A MAINTENANCE ISSUE. IF THERES CONTAMINATION DURING FACTORY PAINTING PROCESS, YOULL GET IT REGARDLESS.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:21 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by winkawak
ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING THIS, ITS NOT A MAINTENANCE ISSUE. IF THERES CONTAMINATION DURING FACTORY PAINTING PROCESS, YOULL GET IT REGARDLESS.
Thank you. Typing in all caps really helped clear up the issue.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:49 PM
MustangLady0714

I think I've had a small paint defect on most of the new cars I have purchased. It's the price all of us pay for buying cars that are painted by machines that don't care about the quality of paint. I know the dealership I deal with fixes these issues for me no questions asked.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:35 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by winkawak

ALL RIGHT WE GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!
I HEAR THAT A CIVIC DOESN'T HAVE THAT ISSUE... BUY THAT CAR, NOAWWW!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Check your hood/trunk before its too late