Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.0 supercharger questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:17 PM
iMuf
1st Gear Member

Default 5.0 supercharger questions

Hey guys, so with tax season around the corner I'm hoping when I get my check I'm going to get a supercharger as long as the stars all align and I have the money. I have read several threads and I think I know what I want. I just want to get some opinions.

I have a 2013 5.0 that I drive daily. The car hasn't seen any strip time since I have had it. I plan on going eventually but it will probably be a once or twice a year kind of thing. So 99% of my driving is on the street, so I want something that will give me good power from stop light to stop light. I have been thinking of doing either the Ford racing/whipple supercharger over the Roush. This is mainly because in the videos I have watched of them the ford racing and whipple superchargers have more of a whine to them that I really like. But the roush videos I have seen may have just not captured it very well. I've also toyed with the idea of the Kenne Bell and Vortech superchargers.

Power wise I would like to be around the 500-600whp range.

Any opinions? thanks in advance.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Will@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

@iMuf - I would highly recommend going with our ROUSH TVS R2300 Supercharger. We offer packages that supply 575, 625, or 675HP. You must have a manual transmission to use the 675HP kit. Our kit works extremely well on the street, and has power and efficiency on the track when you need it too. With twin-screw superchargers, you run into the issue of the supercharger constantly compressing the air (even when you're driving down the street at normal RPMs). This causes unwanted heat and wear. Our TVS kit, on the other hand, does not compress the air and rather blows it into the intake. This makes it much more efficient and reliable in street applications. Our calibrations are also second to none. We spend countless time and money developing our calibration(s) so that they run just as efficiently in high elevations in Minnesota as the would in dry heat of Arizona, and so forth. Our warranties are industry leading. Also, no one works closer with Ford (in our realm) than we do. Therefore, our fit & finish, quality, and reliability is unmatched.

If you are looking to obtain 500-600 RWHP, I think any of the above mentioned kits can get you there without a problem at all.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to give us a call at the number below. I hope we can help you get that power!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I choose the KB, but either of your choices above are great. The whipple and KB both have bypass valves like the Roush.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:09 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Those are all good choices, but I went with this on my daily driven Coyote. I feel it matches the Coyote powerband nicely.

http://www.uprproducts.com/procharge...g-p1sc-11.html
Old 01-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Minion
2nd Gear Member

have you looked into this option?
http://vmptuning.com/50l-superchargers/stage150gen2/

You sound like me and I have been researching this to death. my mind changes almost daily. Right now I'm thinking Vortech or Paxton. I want something that is quiet.... from what I read the twin screw gives that boost at lower RPMS...not sure I need it. I have NO problem burning the tires up. once I get moving though...it would be nice to have that power kick in all the way to redline. thats what I'm thinking now anyway.

Ether way...I don't think any option can be wrong. It just seems like its easier for these cars to hit bigger numbers (less mods) with a centri style vs roots style blower.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:29 AM
Explosive

Centri and twin screw will make some very nice numbers, but they shine up top, especially a centri. For someone like me who likes going fast in a straight line I would go centri out of those choices but for most people who mostly just drive their cars on nice days and want good stoplight to stoplight power Positive displacement is where its at.