Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner Couple of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 08:55 AM
Finalout

Default New owner Couple of Questions

Hello all, I recently bought my first Mustang and have a couple of questions. First, I am installing an aftermarket amp in the car. I have run all the wiring according to the instructions on the forum. However, the rubber boot in the firewall that you feed the wire through popped off during install of the wire. I am ran a 0 gauge wire so I had to try to cut out a bigger hole and when I did the rubber boot popped out. I can upload a picture a little later to help visualize it better.

Next I installed a SRI on the Honda I had before I bought the stang. Its a 2012 GT Prem, is there any benefit to getting an intake w/tune or just get the tune first and throw in a drop in filter?

Lastly I am planning in the next week or so ordering single double din pioneer HU and am looking at dash kits. The Two I see are the Metra and Schosche. What is the most recommended on the forum and which one does the community consider the most OEM?

Well thats what I have, I'm still looking on the forums for any answers to the questions I asked, thanks in advance for any help!
Old 02-14-2015, 12:40 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Some studies have shown that the stock filter offers better protection and about the same flow rate as something like a reusable K&N. On my Mustangs I just keep the stock filter because of that.

Save your money and skip the intake. Your car already has a cold air intake....just get the tune if you want to spice things up a bit.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:12 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

I may be mistaken but r there not dyno sheets for JLT, Airraid, bbk, and so on that show a legitimate gain from the application of a CAI and tune?
Old 02-15-2015, 10:29 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cema93
I may be mistaken but r there not dyno sheets for JLT, Airraid, bbk, and so on that show a legitimate gain from the application of a CAI and tune?
Most of the gains are accounted for by the tune and not the cai itself. Most cai's cant be run without a tune though.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:33 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
Some studies have shown that the stock filter offers better protection and about the same flow rate as something like a reusable K&N. On my Mustangs I just keep the stock filter because of it.
Ive seen reports where the K&N flows worse than stock. Personally my first mod has always been to replace the stock cai with a larger cai and tune and have never been disappointed. It made a mild difference on the na stangs Ive had but the gt500 it made a very big difference.