Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bangastang BEWARE!!! DO NOT buy from them!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 01:34 AM
rzundel

Default Bangastang BEWARE!!! DO NOT buy from them!!

After more than 30 years modifying cars I HAVE NEVER seen customer service so bad!! Bangastang is the worst!!! Stay away from them!!

Here's my story in brief.

4 weeks ago I ordered a radiator cover from James for my fathers 2013 GTCS. I explained to James that I was ordering on behalf of my father because my mother is terminally ill and my father attends to her needs 24/7 as primary caretaker. James quoted me 2-3 weeks.

This week ( 4 weeks later) I inquired and was told this would be the week. My father decided that he also wanted OEM side louvers so I asked James if I could add these to my order and have them painted along with my radiator cover since that had not happened yet. He said that shouldn't be a problem but acted a little weird on the phone.

This act of weirdness made me do a quick search on the internet for other complaints for Bangastang. Bingo! The lights lit up. Tons of complaints throughout the forums including 18 filed complaints with the BBB in the last 12 months. Wow!!

This concerned me enough that I decided to send Hendrix the owner an email asking for his assistance to help complete my ordered and to avoid any potential problems. I got NO response from Hendrix after multiple attempts.

This morning I received a generic email from Bangastang saying both my orders had been CANCELED due to fraudulent use of a credit card. Really??? Remember, I ordered these parts for my father using his card with full authorization. I told James this when I placed both orders.

I wanted to give Bangastang the benefit of a potential mistake so I called and spoke to James once again. This time he was extremely rude and when I asked to speak with Hendrix the owner he said that I couldn't and that he was the GM in charge. When I tried to remind James that I was ordering these parts for my father and there was NO FRAUDULENT credit card activity he got upset and said "GET OVER IT" and hung up on me. I tried calling back and no one answered. Wow...stunned!!

I send Hendrix an email (because there is no other way to reach him) and explained the situation and asked for his assistance making this right. I told him that if he didn't make this right and respond I would take this public. No response so here you are.

Hendrix and Bangastang clearly could care less for their customers. James should be fired for his actions. This company is a total sham!! They should not be in business and my guess is they are in major trouble and probably close to being out of business. I would NOT buy from them. There are too many alternatives of companies that value customers.

Just a side note that as of this posting we have not been refunded our money even though they canceled the order. So whose the real fraud?
Old 02-26-2015, 06:38 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Wow, thanks for the "heads up", I am unhappy with UPR a catch can company for not including instructions. Update later.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

thanks for the heads up!

I'm pretty religious when it comes to buying mustang parts. american muscle or stangmods! they are both amazing with awesome customer service!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:09 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

I'm pretty sure I've seen bad feedback about this company before! On the bright side, they cancelled your order and you weren't charged for anything!

When ever dealing with an online vendor or even a local shop, always try to do some research prior to ordering or ask around to see what people have to say about them.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:46 AM
rzundel

Originally Posted by waykooljr
I'm pretty sure I've seen bad feedback about this company before! On the bright side, they cancelled your order and you weren't charged for anything!

When ever dealing with an online vendor or even a local shop, always try to do some research prior to ordering or ask around to see what people have to say about them.
No the irony here is they call me a fraud for using my fathers CC to order the products knowing good and well I was authorized to do so and then cancel my order a month later and they didn't credit me back for that order. I am now having to fight for that. Who's the fraud here? These guys are a disgrace to the industry. They take people's money then can't deliver on their commitments. They shouldn't be in business.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:46 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Default UPR catch can 2015 model

That's good advise, I've heard good things about R&D at UPR and gave them a try. Here's the 4 stage can installed.
Attached Thumbnails Bangastang BEWARE!!!  DO NOT buy from them!!-tn_upr-catch-can-004.jpg  
Old 02-26-2015, 10:23 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rzundel
No the irony here is they call me a fraud for using my fathers CC to order the products knowing good and well I was authorized to do so and then cancel my order a month later and they didn't credit me back for that order. I am now having to fight for that. Who's the fraud here? These guys are a disgrace to the industry. They take people's money then can't deliver on their commitments. They shouldn't be in business.
Ah, sorry! I misunderstood, no bright side
Old 02-26-2015, 12:16 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
thanks for the heads up!

I'm pretty religious when it comes to buying mustang parts. american muscle or stangmods! they are both amazing with awesome customer service!
+1

I've had a few issues with AM but they make it right & I've never had to ask more than one time. I've used lethalperformance & latemodelrestoration with no issues also.

I was a little uneasy using amustangrocksleather but their product was absolutely fantastic - in both quality & communication. Wouldn't hesitate recommending them.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Mr.Bangastang

Default REPLY FROM BANGASTANG

Hi Rick,

It's time for our side of the story which you failed to express.

Your ordered a custom painted Radiator Cover from us using a credit card that is not yours but someone named Brown Zundel. After you called an placed another order with the same card is one the RED FLAG when up. We Googled the name Brown Zendel and found a link to an obituary of a woman that died in 2000. Here's the link http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...el.html?pg=all This lady died at age 87 and her husband is listed at Ivan Zundel. There is NO mention of you as a survivor and you claimed to be the son of Brown Zundel. RED FLAG. There is no mention of someone named Rick Zundel. If your Mom was 87 in 2000 then how old is your Dad? Why would a 90+ year-old man order parts for a Mustang? RED FLAG. We also contacted the bank that issued the credit card and they informed us that the phone number that you gave us DOESN'T match their records RED FLAG. Again why does a elderly man in his 90s need cars parts? Here's another RED FLAG that you sent up why were you so anxious to get these parts, these parts are for YOUR car and not someone named Brown Zundel. From the time that you ordered you sent several emails asking about status when we had already told you when we thought your order would ship. All of our incoming phone conversations are recorded and your stated that "you couldn't wait to get the parts on your car"., another RED FLAG. Again you stated the parts are for your Dad. It's currently 33 degrees in Salt Lake City where you wanted the parts shipped. What car show does your Dad have in the winter? You called us from a cell phone with a California number.

When we spoke to the bank that issued the credit card they also informed us that there is a $21,000 limit on the card. One can have a lot of fun with a $21,000 limit.

As a merchant credit card FRAUD is a major problem and our company along with many others have been victim and we will do our BEST that we don't get ripped off. I made the mistake of processing an order from someone that I initially believed my MISTAKE. After this was brought to my attention I cancelled the order and ALL monies were refunded. If we suspect possible fraud everything is HALTED and that's what we did. We do not have to sell to someone that is using another person's credit card.

If you think that posting on a forum is going to make us process an order from someone using another persons credit card we will NOT.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:02 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I've ordered successfully from Bangastang in the past. They are a smaller business and the customer service isn't as responsive as one of the majors like AM or Lethal, but they did respond when I had a question and were willing to work with me on an issue that was not really their problem as it was a drop-shipped kit, I ended up dealing with the issue on my own once I realized that it was the manufacturer who included what I considered an inadequate part. The order did take longer than expected to ship and there wasn't much in the way of tracking, it just showed up one day. I would guess that as a smaller business they were waiting for payment to clear before placing the drop order shipment.
So if you want something in a week, you probably shouldn't use them, however they have some parts you can't really get anywhere else and in those cases they are worth the wait, but you should probably also contact them to see if there is anything you should know about product availability.

Quick Reply: Bangastang BEWARE!!! DO NOT buy from them!!