Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MT-82 Not going into 4th Gear and Making Noise

Old 04-17-2015, 10:05 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
i would kick up a fuss and demand a new box
Yeah, I'm glad that the dealer suggested it before me. We'll see what the "big guy" says, but I can't imagine them letting the car sit in a service bay for 30 days if a new box will get it out the door by early next week.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:01 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

They don't need Ford's permission to give you a loaner - sounds like they are being cheap bastards and want Ford to throw some extra money at this. The dealer could easily loan you one of their vehicles or make other arrangements with you. A month is unacceptable.

You are probably outside of the lemon law time constraints now, but I'd still encourage you to look into that.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:32 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
They don't need Ford's permission to give you a loaner - sounds like they are being cheap bastards and want Ford to throw some extra money at this. The dealer could easily loan you one of their vehicles or make other arrangements with you. A month is unacceptable.

You are probably outside of the lemon law time constraints now, but I'd still encourage you to look into that.
technically, ford will reimburse the dealer for X amount of rental days per quarter, so if they are over that, then they may be asking if ford will cover extra. the point is moot because the trans was on backorder for as long as the parts, as of 3 weeks ago.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:38 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwog666
technically, ford will reimburse the dealer for X amount of rental days per quarter, so if they are over that, then they may be asking if ford will cover extra. the point is moot because the trans was on backorder for as long as the parts, as of 3 weeks ago.
You sort of touched upon my point. The dealer is trying to penny pinch and seek reimbursement instead of doing the right thing by offering a loaner vehicle. Customer service and "doing the right thing" or rare things these days.

There's numerous dealerships these days that have their own fleet of loaners. When possible I give these dealers my business.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:51 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
How can anybody take you seriously when you say things like this?

That is correct. Ford will only give me 'X' number of days in a loaner vehicle. They will put me in a car on Monday. Also correct on the trans. Same lead-time as the output shaft that was broken when doing teardown. I can't fathom how there are no parts ANYWHERE that are needed for my trans.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:57 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
How can anybody take you seriously when you say things like this?

That is correct. Ford will only give me 'X' number of days in a loaner vehicle. They will put me in a car on Monday. Also correct on the trans. Same lead-time as the output shaft that was broken when doing teardown. I can't fathom how there are no parts ANYWHERE that are needed for my trans.
i fix them, and i dont understand either lol
Old 05-19-2015, 06:38 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Quick update. My car has been at Ford for 6+ weeks now. They replaced every bearing and bushing in the trans and got a new tail housing, and when putting it back together a burr caught a bushing on the tail housing and jacked it up. The bushing is not serviceable. The techs at the dealership are clearly frustrated, they have done dozens of repairs on the MT-82 and never had this much trouble.

As of yesterday, Ford will be sending a brand-new, fully-assembled unit to go in my car. That could take until July to get to the dealer. By then it will have been at the dealership for ~4 months. This sucks, I'm still making payments on the car. And no, no one from Ford Customer Service has contacted me. I have only spoken with the dealership, who have been as helpful as they can be, but their hands are tied by the lack of parts and long lead times.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:10 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Wow. Thats awful.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:34 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quick update. My car has been at Ford for 6+ weeks now. They replaced every bearing and bushing in the trans and got a new tail housing, and when putting it back together a burr caught a bushing on the tail housing and jacked it up. The bushing is not serviceable. The techs at the dealership are clearly frustrated, they have done dozens of repairs on the MT-82 and never had this much trouble.

As of yesterday, Ford will be sending a brand-new, fully-assembled unit to go in my car. That could take until July to get to the dealer. By then it will have been at the dealership for ~4 months. This sucks, I'm still making payments on the car. And no, no one from Ford Customer Service has contacted me. I have only spoken with the dealership, who have been as helpful as they can be, but their hands are tied by the lack of parts and long lead times.
Hey BrazenStang,

Have you contacted the CRC? I haven’t heard from you since last month. Also, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll get this looked into for you.

Deysha
Old 05-19-2015, 08:28 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

welcome to my world as a ford tech, i constantly have upset customers, not at me mind you, but the time it takes to get parts. it seems like no matter what trans i am working on at least 1 part is 2 weeks or more backorder. its hard for me to keep the customer happy when it takes so long to get parts. but rest assured, all your concerns will be fixed with the new gear box. good luck