Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dashlight speed warning alarm disconect help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 02:15 PM
marestang

Default dashlight speed warning alarm disconect help?

I'm so.... wanting to disable this annoying beast!, "CHECK YOUR SPEED" with horrible bell sounds!
its usually wrong too.,, as i speed up to catch traffic on fwy on-ramps.
id love to shut it off. thx in advance, don
Old 04-15-2015, 02:19 PM
marestang

oops, the year is 2013 Convertible , thx
Old 04-15-2015, 07:03 PM
JimC

Did you create a "my key"? My 2013 doesn't do that and the only option I can think of where there is a check speed is if you create a "my key"
Old 04-15-2015, 07:14 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

I think the problem lies between the seat and the steering wheel.

My money says Jim is right about the MyKey feature. Check your owners manual if you aren't able to navigate the menus on your own.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:25 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Hmmm. A 2013 convertible. Did you buy it pre-owned? Does it have a history as a rental car? Probably either the rental car company programmed the warning or Ford Motor Company did special programming for the rental car fleet.

Now all you have to do is find a dealer who knows what's going on and can get rid of that "special" programming. Good luck.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:50 AM
JimC

You should be able to scroll through the options in the center gauge and it will tell you how many "admin" keys you have programmed and how many "my keys" you have programmed.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:29 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
You should be able to scroll through the options in the center gauge and it will tell you how many "admin" keys you have programmed and how many "my keys" you have programmed.
Jim is correct, if you have 2 keys,hopefully only one is programmed, use your other key, and get into the progrmmer, and shut it off
Old 04-16-2015, 01:48 PM
marestang

yes I got it used, could have been a loner, I did search the owners manual and the dash options and found nothing at all.. I guess Id need a youtube vid instruction, or dealers help, I really gotta get it turned off, its takes my eyes off the road as I search for the OK Button - Its going On abut 20 times on a 50 mile trip.. and most cases its not correct,

I'd also like to shut of THE GPS spy that knows where the cars at somehow, if thats whats actually causing this?
Old 04-16-2015, 02:55 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by marestang
I'm so.... wanting to disable this annoying beast!, "CHECK YOUR SPEED" with horrible bell sounds!
its usually wrong too.,, as i speed up to catch traffic on fwy on-ramps.
id love to shut it off. thx in advance, don
Originally Posted by marestang
yes I got it used, could have been a loner, I did search the owners manual and the dash options and found nothing at all.. I guess Id need a youtube vid instruction, or dealers help, I really gotta get it turned off, its takes my eyes off the road as I search for the OK Button - Its going On abut 20 times on a 50 mile trip.. and most cases its not correct
I agree with others and feel it could be the MyKey feature, marestang. I do recommend you bring it in to your Ford Dealer and have them help you out with this.

Deysha
Old 04-16-2015, 09:07 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

I doubt the dealer would know where the MyKey feature is either. It's bad enough I have to explain TSBs or standard features to my dealer....something like this would probably blow their mind.

Anyways, how hard is it to scroll through the options? It's not rocket science. I'm certain MyKey is in the owners manual. Even if it wasn't, just scroll through the settings until you see it. Simple.

Quick Reply: dashlight speed warning alarm disconect help?