Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any advice on uca install?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 11:21 AM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
I got it now. I did not realize that Whiteline called the UCA adjustable. The crush ring in the middle of the yellow bushing is eccentric. You can rotate it around to adjust the UCA to the length you need.

For the extension bar. Imagine working on your car. You can see a bolt that is down in a hole or really tight space, but there is no way you can get the wrench into the space. You get an extension bar and attach it to the drive peg on the ratchet. Then put the proper sized socket on the other end of the bar. Now you can put the socket onto the bolt with the ratchet up out of the hole where you can turn it. Extension bars come in different lengths. The bolts on the bracket bolted to the chassis are similar because you can see them, but can't access them directly with a wrench.

I want to caution you now, this job can be tricky and requires a little more than basic knowledge of tools and how to use them.
Thanks, i chatted with cj pony parts yesterday regards to this install. He does not recommend me doing the install on ramp, saying its a "death wish" . He also mentioned pinion angle adjusting is tricky and theres no factory setting on the uca. Im very discouraged to do the mod now, he did mention with stock hp and stock suspension wheel hop shouldnt be an issue, he recommended me to get better tires. Ill take his advice and hold off on the install for now, im due for now tires soon. Ima see how the new tires do then go from there.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:13 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Most guys get an adjustable UCA to correct their PA after installing a one piece driveshaft. Wheel hop is fixed by replacing the LCAs.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:56 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

i installed the whiteline uca, set my pinion angle to stock specs (this is before i lowered the car) and i had a horrendous whine. so bad that i took it off because it was giving me a headache. a few months later i installed it again and played with the adjustment more and no matter where i set this thing, i got a gnarly diff whine.
maybe its defective, idk but its just sitting in my closet, a waste of $250..

i read that its kind of common with 3:73 gears, they are a little louder and the harder bushing transfers more noise through the body but this was unbearable, at 60mph it was howling. i had it on there for about 200 miles.
i read that the roush one is the best one, slightly firmer bushing but it dampens the noise enough to be comfortable
Old 05-07-2015, 06:47 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Most guys get an adjustable UCA to correct their PA after installing a one piece driveshaft. Wheel hop is fixed by replacing the LCAs.
From what I have heard most people seem to think that whichever they changed first UCA vs LCA's seems to make the biggest impact on wheel hop.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:48 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

My mistake on the year, I didn't read enough

Not to thread jack...

But I bought the "stop the hop" pack from steeda. Comes with a non-adj "lowered" UCA... think that should be fine to install? The rest of the suspension is all steeda as well.....