Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would rocker panel clips be under factory bumper to bumper warranty?

Old 05-13-2015, 02:54 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Would rocker panel clips be under factory bumper to bumper warranty?

I guess the title says it all guys. Two of the plastic clips that hold my driver side rocker panel have been undone since I bought it 6 months ago. I went and talked to a BBB accredited repair shop that my family has done business with for 20 years, and they say all that needs to be done is to take the rocker panel off and pop it back on. Of course they'll charge me labor, but that is a little nominal. I know my local Ford will probably claim its from damage, although I have no idea how they came undone as I bought it from them like that. I mean i'm ok with $50 to fix it at my body shop, but it seems silly that I would have to buy a whole new rocker panel from Ford for a 10 cent part. But hey, in the end I know it's a business. I'd just like it fixed one way or the other

Last edited by Mobiusone stang; 05-14-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:37 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
I guess the title says it all guys. Two of the plastic clips that hold my driver side rocker panel have been undone since I bought it 6 months ago. I went and talked to a BBB accredited repair shop that my family has done business with for 20 years, and they say all that needs to be done is to take the rocker panel off and pop it back on. Of course they'll charge me labor, but that is a little nominal. I know my local Ford will probably claim its from damage, although I have no idea how they came undone as I bought it from them like that. I mean i'm ok with $50 to fix it at my body shop, but it seems silly that I would have to buy a whole new rocker panel from Ford for a 10 cent part. But hey, in the end I know it's a business. I'd just like it fixed one way or the other
Hello Mobiusone stang,

You should first speak with your service manager at your Ford Dealer. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can give them a call or schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha
Old 05-14-2015, 08:52 AM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the advice Deysha. When I called my local Ford about the matter, I was sent to a service rep, who then said I needed to talk to parts, not him. I guess always going down to see them in person never hurt maybe i'll give that a try
Old 05-14-2015, 10:55 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

You may be able to go to an Auto Zone and purchase a pack of those clips and do it yourself. When you install the Roush side splitter kit, you have to pull out a couple of those clips and hold the splitter up under the rocker panel and push the new clips in. The clips pull out easily with a pair of needle nose pliers and push in even easier.

Check this out and read the review posted lower under the product description:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Hardware-05-09
Old 05-14-2015, 12:04 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

YEA YEA its one of those little white clips thingys! Lol whatever Ford's name for them. I wonder if those would work...
Old 05-14-2015, 02:52 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thanks for the advice Deysha. When I called my local Ford about the matter, I was sent to a service rep, who then said I needed to talk to parts, not him. I guess always going down to see them in person never hurt maybe i'll give that a try
You're welcome, Mobiusone stang. When you go down there, ask to speak to the service manager. He will be able to assist you with this.

Deysha
Old 05-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Once this terrible Texas weather ceases lol I'll make sure I'll do just that. I don't think I pushed the issue hard enough last time. Thanks for all your help Deysha, you give ford service a good name!
Old 05-15-2015, 08:59 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Once this terrible Texas weather ceases lol I'll make sure I'll do just that. I don't think I pushed the issue hard enough last time. Thanks for all your help Deysha, you give ford service a good name!
Thank you for the kind words, Mobiusone stang! Keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 05-25-2015, 08:22 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I think those clips are dealer only. If you find them somewhere else, please post where you found them.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:15 AM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Post #4 is my experience with warranty work for broken rocker mounts/fastener and an ebay link for where to get the fasteners. Long story short, Ford would rather pay $700 plus, per side to replace/repaint entire rockers rather than allow us to purchase a .0002 cent replacement fastener.... I did not have to remove any of these, or even touch them when I installed my ROUSH splitters, they merely hold the rockers to the car. The ROUSH splitters are mounted from underneath the car with a completely different fastener. Two of the same white T-Barb fasteners ARE used when you install the BOSS rear diffuser though.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-problems.html

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 05-28-2015 at 06:21 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would rocker panel clips be under factory bumper to bumper warranty?