Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Phillip123
1st Gear Member

Yeah. Good thing they detected the problem.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Naviondave

Has anyone had an appraisal done on their Mustang since the Recall notice? I did and it was a at least 20% less that Bluebook. When I asked the Ford Dealer, he said it was because of the Airbag Recall. They cannot legally sell any used vehicles which are subject to the recall.
When I talked to Ford Customer care, they gave me the brush-off. BTW, just talked to service advisor at Ford and no parts in So Cal til 1st of the year.
Check out http://fordmustangrecall.com/ and maybe we can get Ford's attention.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:37 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by waykooljr
I got the recall letter in the mail today. Odd thing is I got it several months ago and took it to a dealer to have it done, waited something like four hours and they brought the car around, said it's good to go. I thought it was strange that I didn't get an invoice showing what was done and what parts were replaced. I ran my VIN through the recalls site a week later and it didn't show up, so I figured it was good, until today. I ran my VIN today and now it shows that it needs to be done. Makes me wonder if they actually did the repair. I guess my only recourse is to take it to a different dealer.
4 hrs? did you get a loaner
Old 08-29-2015, 09:28 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Naviondave
Has anyone had an appraisal done on their Mustang since the Recall notice? I did and it was a at least 20% less that Bluebook. When I asked the Ford Dealer, he said it was because of the Airbag Recall. They cannot legally sell any used vehicles which are subject to the recall.
When I talked to Ford Customer care, they gave me the brush-off. BTW, just talked to service advisor at Ford and no parts in So Cal til 1st of the year.
what is "Getting Ford's attention" going to do? Trust me, they know about it. #1, Takata can only build replacement parts so fast, especially since they still have to supply regular production parts to all of their current customers. #2 even if they secure alternate suppliers to backfill, their parts have to undergo months of validation testing after which they have to build up production capacity.

You don't seem to understand one critical thing. It's not only Mustang airbag inflators which are recalled. It's Ford, Honda, GM, Chrysler, Subaru, BMW, Daimler, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and Mazda airbag inflators being recalled. To the tune of 32 frickin' million cars affected. Posting on your bitchy wordpress blog isn't going to get you called to the front of the line.

The scale of this recall is truly unprecedented in the auto industry. This literally has never happened before.

I mean, look at the timeline here:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/massive...cted-vehicles/

This is an enormous f***ing mess.

Last edited by jz78817; 08-30-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:40 PM
SteveDwsn
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Naviondave
We are lucky it wasn't an American company that contracted the airbags. They would have filed for bankruptcy the moment it hit and everyone would be left holding the bag.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:12 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteveDwsn
We are lucky it wasn't an American company that contracted the airbags. They would have filed for bankruptcy the moment it hit and everyone would be left holding the bag.
not necessarily; the whole point of bankruptcy proceedings is to determine what debts or liabilities can be discharged (canceled) and which remain. As an example, bankruptcy didn't shield GM from liability for their ignition switches.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:31 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

got it too. but im angry they didn't contact me, to tell me they would be contacting me about contacting me.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:32 AM
JimC

Threads merged, no need to create the same thread over again in other sections. The information isn't going to change.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:43 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Fµ€k airbags and Fµ€k Takata! I'm disabling my airbag and getting one of these...

Name:  RS7-Carbon-LT-NoHANS_zpsf6bfz7bn.png
Views: 62
Size:  284.7 KB
Old 10-27-2015, 11:04 PM
belam
1st Gear Member

Yes ,I also got a notice from Ford ,plan to take mine to them to get it done soon ,It's free .

Quick Reply: Airbag Recall