Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Diagnosing Have Codes (Confused)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 07:03 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Find out what that fuse controls and look into that wiring first, more than likely where your problem is
Old 08-11-2015, 11:06 AM
djbigskrilla

Okay so a quick update. I did get a chance to look under the car this morning. I looked at all 4 O2 sensors and wiring to them. They all look good, I had one plug on the trans where the wires were a little tight so I began to move the harness around to give it a little extra slack. The harness moves around great so I don't think that it is currently pinched or hung up on anything. This does not mean that it couldn't have gotten damaged from the first install. After getting that one plug some slack I kept looking around as much as I Possibly could at the wiring harness. It all looks pretty good the loom is in great shape does not look like it has been put in a bind or crushed. Though it is very hard for me to see on top of the trans but using my little hands I was feeling around for anything. When looking at the top 2 O2 sensors (Green ones) it was asked if they maybe swapped the sensor wires. The one on the left side is plugged into the left side plug and Sensor, the one on the right was plugged into the right side plug and sensor. I don't know if that is the correct orientation or not but I would assume so. So, it looks like I am back to square one. Again, the shop could have pinched the wire harness on the first time and it damaged the wiring then I just cannot tell from the area and tools that I have. I am limited on resources for fixing my car. I have a set of ramps and a some basic hand tools. I don't have access to a lift, nor do I truly have the time to work on it like I would like. I'm lucky to get an hour per day to really work on it. I work 7 days a week roughly 15+ hrs per day, I am a full time College Student, and have a family so time is limited but I will get it worked out. I really do appreciate everyone's help and suggestions. I am taking them to heart and looking at those one at a time. I will continue to keep you all posted, and if anyone else has any other areas or options as to what could be the fix I will gladly add them to the list of things to check out and check off as we go through this.
Thanks again for all the help so far.
Justin.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:49 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...fuse-47-a.html

Try this and see if it helps...same problem you have.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:59 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

http://www.mustangcollective.com/sho...t=40473&page=4

or possibly this one...looks like a few have had this problem after swaps or clutches.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:59 PM
Jamie Jarrard

Default What did you ever figure out

What did you ever find out

Originally Posted by djbigskrilla
Okay so a quick update. I did get a chance to look under the car this morning. I looked at all 4 O2 sensors and wiring to them. They all look good, I had one plug on the trans where the wires were a little tight so I began to move the harness around to give it a little extra slack. The harness moves around great so I don't think that it is currently pinched or hung up on anything. This does not mean that it couldn't have gotten damaged from the first install. After getting that one plug some slack I kept looking around as much as I Possibly could at the wiring harness. It all looks pretty good the loom is in great shape does not look like it has been put in a bind or crushed. Though it is very hard for me to see on top of the trans but using my little hands I was feeling around for anything. When looking at the top 2 O2 sensors (Green ones) it was asked if they maybe swapped the sensor wires. The one on the left side is plugged into the left side plug and Sensor, the one on the right was plugged into the right side plug and sensor. I don't know if that is the correct orientation or not but I would assume so. So, it looks like I am back to square one. Again, the shop could have pinched the wire harness on the first time and it damaged the wiring then I just cannot tell from the area and tools that I have. I am limited on resources for fixing my car. I have a set of ramps and a some basic hand tools. I don't have access to a lift, nor do I truly have the time to work on it like I would like. I'm lucky to get an hour per day to really work on it. I work 7 days a week roughly 15+ hrs per day, I am a full time College Student, and have a family so time is limited but I will get it worked out. I really do appreciate everyone's help and suggestions. I am taking them to heart and looking at those one at a time. I will continue to keep you all posted, and if anyone else has any other areas or options as to what could be the fix I will gladly add them to the list of things to check out and check off as we go through this.
Thanks again for all the help so far.
Justin.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:21 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jamie Jarrard
What did you ever find out
Holy necroposting. Four years later he might have already sold the car.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:47 AM
Jamie Jarrard

Default He might have.

He might might have but but my car just started this and it was still up and something he went thought. Just trying to fix my car and see what he did to fix his.

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
Holy necroposting. Four years later he might have already sold the car.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Anthony Gibson

Default Same problem

Originally Posted by Jamie Jarrard
He might might have but but my car just started this and it was still up and something he went thought. Just trying to fix my car and see what he did to fix his.

I feel ya man I'm having the same issue. Except mine hasn't blown the fuse again but after I start to drive and shift into 2nd limp mode pops back on. Turn the car off and it's gone. It's starting to get very frustrating.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:23 PM
Anthony Gibson

Default Tried everything

So far I've check the o2 wires, main harness, throttle body, tps, throttle body motor. The only place I can track it back to now is the fuse box. I've heats water might get to it and corrode it. So that's my next plan of attack.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:07 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

If the problem started after washing the engine bay, water contamination of one of the fuses/relays, wiring harness connectors, sensors, or alternator is always a risk.

Quick Reply: Need Help Diagnosing Have Codes (Confused)