Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LCA's, Worth it or no?

Old 08-31-2015, 09:35 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Default LCA's, Worth it or no?

Out of those of you who have installed LCA's on your 13's and 14's, was the Wheel hop lowered enough to warrant actually installing them? I have no other suspension upgrades, and I'm looking at only installing LCA for the time being. Wheel hop is currently a huge issue for me and I'm hoping that some of you have had a positive enough experience to recommend them.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:17 AM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

I think they were worth it for sure on an 06 GT which has less power. I think that relocation brackets are also worth every penny (whiteline or CHE only though). They improve the feel of the solid axle and are very noticeable on hard acceleration.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:19 AM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

YES! Get them. You will not be disappointed. I was really impressed with how much they made a difference. Especially with 1-2 shifts, I would always break loose with the stock LCAs. After installing a set of whiteline adj LCAs, they kept the axle planted and I can feel them grab when shifting from 1-2. No more breaking loose. They're well worth the money.

Originally Posted by krazykevin
I think they were worth it for sure on an 06 GT which has less power. I think that relocation brackets are also worth every penny (whiteline or CHE only though). They improve the feel of the solid axle and are very noticeable on hard acceleration.
They're even worth it on the 3.7L! Relocation brackets are not necessary unless you are lowered, or if you are heavily dragging the car. For a non lowered street vehicle, they are pointless.

Last edited by yourmom6990; 08-31-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:13 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by yourmom6990
YES! Get them. You will not be disappointed. I was really impressed with how much they made a difference. Especially with 1-2 shifts, I would always break loose with the stock LCAs. After installing a set of whiteline adj LCAs, they kept the axle planted and I can feel them grab when shifting from 1-2. No more breaking loose. They're well worth the money.

They're even worth it on the 3.7L! Relocation brackets are not necessary unless you are lowered, or if you are heavily dragging the car. For a non lowered street vehicle, they are pointless.
Yeah, for myself I spin/hop through third currently, She's putting down a lot more than stock can handle. Looks like I'll be giving them a go.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:32 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Worth it, no doubt. I too am partial to CHE
Old 09-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointToTheOh
Yeah, for myself I spin/hop through third currently, She's putting down a lot more than stock can handle. Looks like I'll be giving them a go.
I'd consider LCAs a first step in the path to eliminating hop. If they solve it for you, you're done and don't need to do anything more.

If they don't solve it to your satisfaction, I'd do the UCA before relo brackets, because that's where the rest of the rubber bits in the rear suspension are.

Really stubborn cases could end up with the engine and transmission mounts needing to be replaced with stiffer stuff.

Norm
Old 09-12-2015, 10:58 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

As they all said, yes they are worth it.

But, I would try to do all at once.. and I mean the UCA/LCA, Springs/Shocks, etc. --- night and day
Old 09-13-2015, 07:35 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

It's a pretty big $ outlay to do it all at once, and do it all right. The best bang for the buck comes when you sneak up on it and stop modding immediately once the last single mod has solved the problem. Anything more than that isn't going to make a disappeared problem any better, and the downsides in other driving that virtually all suspension mods bring (maintenance, ride quality, transmitted driveline noise, cornering 'bind', etc.) will tend to become more noticeable.

Norm
Old 09-15-2015, 08:15 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

After much consideration...LCA's along with a whole other slew of parts are on the way for this weekend, let the wrench hours begin.