Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have the water leak, Ford: "we won't pay for it"

Old 01-18-2016, 04:49 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Default I have the water leak, Ford: "we won't pay for it"

So I have a 2007 Mustang GT. I haven't posted on the boards in a while, I'm honestly just thinking about getting rid of the car, the issues are really starting to mount. And what's even more aggravating is that I have taken such good care of this car, and it keeps giving me problems.

Anyway. In 2010 I got the infamous water leak. I took it to Cherokee Ford in Georgia and they fixed everything, no problem.

Well 2 days ago I discovered the leak came back. Same everything, same leak. I called the dealership and they said they will not cover it this time, and then I called 1-800-392-FORD and they gave me the same answer. I told them they were about to lose a customer and they could have cared less. WTH?

So now I have to pay to get the leak fixed, get the car cleaned up, and probably gonna sell it. I just can't believe Ford right now. When my spark plugs snapped I had to pay for that garbage as well.

Is there anything I can do....?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:35 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Bite the bullet, clean it up, sell it, buy a Camaro and send a picture of it to Ford.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:03 AM
BrianK
2nd Gear Member

When I took my 07 GT in to get an estimate for a plug change the service guy just laughed and told me $600 if none broke and $1000 if they all broke. Same issue with the hood corrosion. They don't stand behind their products the way they should to keep customers. They should be embarrassed about the design flaws and fix them. But unless they are forced to issue a recall due to a safety issue, you are **** out of luck. This is the down side of our companies being run by accountants where short term profit is the bottom line. Customer service is a thing of the past unfortunately.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:29 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThaiCobra
Anyway. In 2010 I got the infamous water leak. I took it to Cherokee Ford in Georgia and they fixed everything, no problem.

Well 2 days ago I discovered the leak came back. Same everything, same leak. I called the dealership and they said they will not cover it this time, and then I called 1-800-392-FORD and they gave me the same answer. I told them they were about to lose a customer and they could have cared less. WTH?

So now I have to pay to get the leak fixed, get the car cleaned up, and probably gonna sell it. I just can't believe Ford right now. When my spark plugs snapped I had to pay for that garbage as well.

Is there anything I can do....?
Yeah. Remove the cowl and peer down behind the firewall. You may find some water pooled up in there due to blocked drain holes, and that water can come into the cabin through the cabin air filter opening. If you can find the drain holes, you may be able to unblock them with a long screwdriver.
Parking under trees where leaves and other debris can fall through the cowl exacerbates the problem so it's best to avoid parking under a tree.
As for the spark plugs, a set of Champion 7989 dual platinum plugs will remove the worry about breakage forever.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:49 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

It's not just Ford.

Their all like that. I had a Lexus with dashboard instrument troubles and they did nothing.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:41 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
Yeah. Remove the cowl and peer down behind the firewall. You may find some water pooled up in there due to blocked drain holes, and that water can come into the cabin through the cabin air filter opening. If you can find the drain holes, you may be able to unblock them with a long screwdriver.
Parking under trees where leaves and other debris can fall through the cowl exacerbates the problem so it's best to avoid parking under a tree.
As for the spark plugs, a set of Champion 7989 dual platinum plugs will remove the worry about breakage forever.
Thanks bro
Old 01-21-2016, 05:44 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

To be honest, I don't know why they would cover it or why you would expect them to. According to your own post, they fixed the problem and six years later it came back. The car is long since past its warranty and the issue was corrected for six years. How long do you expect Ford (or any company, for that matter) to keep fixing stuff on the car past its warranty? They fulfilled their end of the contract that you agreed to, they don't really have to do anything.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:11 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
To be honest, I don't know why they would cover it or why you would expect them to. According to your own post, they fixed the problem and six years later it came back. The car is long since past its warranty and the issue was corrected for six years. How long do you expect Ford (or any company, for that matter) to keep fixing stuff on the car past its warranty? They fulfilled their end of the contract that you agreed to, they don't really have to do anything.

Well, the part is defective so...
Old 01-23-2016, 06:28 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Cool 2016 Camaro

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
Bite the bullet, clean it up, sell it, buy a Camaro and send a picture of it to Ford.
They are faster this year, weigh less too. They "just hit the streets" as well.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:25 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThaiCobra

Well, the part is defective so...
So?

That's what the warranty is for. The car manufacturer states it will fix defects for however long the warranty is for, and you agreed to it. They did fix it, at least for six years. Beyond that, they can still fix it, but you'll have to pay for it.

This is the contract you entered into. Ford upheld their end of the bargain and you're complaining about it? Good customer service doesn't necessarily mean they'll give you whatever you want, no matter what, just because you're the customer. You, as the customer, are entitled to what the contract you agreed to says you're entitled to and nothing more. As long as they're being polite to you when they're informing you of this fact, I fail to see what the problem is.

Last edited by CMcNam; 01-23-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have the water leak, Ford: "we won't pay for it"