Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another "Wife crashed my car" story...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:51 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: Another "Wife crashed my car" story...

There's really no news to take - that is unless of course she makes the payments [8D]

People (including wives) need to understand that for most of us, these cars are serious investments/dream cars/2nd (or maybe 1st!!) loves/etc......not toys that we are willing to throw the keys to anybody for joyride. I know not everybody is as **** as me, but the only joyriding done in my car is with ME in the driver's seat And that includes service test runs.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:00 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

thankfully the wife is ok, man, i cant believe the damage on the Saturn and how little on the Stang, Saturn really is a big peice of crap, is your car a Auto, i specifically got a 5-speed so the wife cant drive it...,good luck on the repair...i will pray for your loss...she must have been freakin out to call you....
Old 10-25-2005, 09:14 PM
SCstanger
1st Gear Member

Wipin back the tears ...sad to see that happen to a good stang ..but, like everyone else in the thread noted ...least your wife was ok ...
Old 10-26-2005, 12:47 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

[sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif] That really sucks.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:04 AM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

I'm glad the wife is ok. I'm a victim of the "wife crash Mustang syndrome" and the one thing I'm really glad is that the new Mustangs are built really well and they seem to hold up pretty good on an accident. BTW, the wife hasn't driven the Stang ever since.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:48 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

You guys would probably say i'm lucky. I offered over and over for my wife to drive my stang when we're out cruisin' on weekends, b/c I know she would love it. But she always says no. She's actually afraid that if something happens to it while she's behind the wheel, even a stone chip, I'll blow my brains out. At least she loves me more than my car. Now if only my wife was built as well as my Mustang... that's another forum.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16153/D96147AAA80642E5887DC83905E7C8EB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-30-2005, 01:39 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Looks like a corner to corner impact - probalby why the airbags didn't deploy. Corner to corner wouldn't throw you into the steering wheel or windsheild.

Nothing against yours or any of our wives - but people ask me all the time when I'm going to let my wife (or ANYBODY else for that matter) drive my car. Stories like these only reinforce my answer - NEVER [8D]

But definitely good to hear everybody is OK, and the Stang looks to be pretty repairable.

The airbag system is very intricut and will only fire when they would do more help than damage. That looks like a side impact somewhat, and it would have probably hurt her more than helping.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:55 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

My wife never drove my 2005 Mustang since i bought in June. Maybe someday I will let her on an open highway.
I know our cars will get knicks and dents someday, that you can not avoid,but I like to keep it as nice as I can without having someone smashing it up.
I almost had a nice accident Friday morning that will leave you breathless.
I was going to work and I was approaching the railroad crossing by my house when all of a sudden the lights came on the gates started to come down as I going over the tracks. I suddenly stop and threw it into reverse hoping no one was behind me. The gate on my side came down and I started to freak out. The gate was fully down and I made it off the tracks just in time. Only to fear the gate hit my roof of my Stang and i backed up. Think about it, the gate coming down and scraping when the car was going backwards. I was so pissed. I went over the tracks and pulled over the side. I got out and almost started to cry and looked at my roof. I was shocked to find nothing was wrong. You could still see the dew was still in tacked. I swore the gate came down and scraped my roof.They must have changed not to come down onto cars like they had in the past like it happend to my neighbor.
I don t know what happened that morning. If I was tired and didnt see the lights fast enough or somehting got messed up. But I can say this, that train was flying. From crossing to the next crossing it was to fast. I think that what caused the situation to happen. Everytme I go over it now, I'm very careful now.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:38 AM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

### UPDATE ###

I spoke to the insurance adjuster yesterday, and he said that a new hood was needed. I asked about aftermarket hoods and he said as long as I don't mind paying the difference, he didn't mind either. So I am trying to get a new GTR Ram Air hood and new Street Scene grille that centers the fog lights. Hopefully I'll get it back in *gulp* 2-3 weeks. At least they gave me a nice Ford F-150 4 dr truck to drive while it is in the shop.

More updates as I get them...

BrookShadow_RC