Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Gt got scratch at Jiffy lube!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 10:20 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My Gt got scratch at Jiffy lube!

Get yourself some Rhino Ramps - they have a very gradual angle and I don't have any problem getting my lowered Stang on them.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:18 PM
GlennS

Mr. Mustang,

I live in Chicago and have a four post lift to store my vette. If you help me capture and dispose of my oil you can use my lift...
Old 10-24-2005, 11:27 PM
mawhite

If you wanted to remove them yourself I would start with using rubbing compound by hand. If you use a buffer & your not experienced you can easily burn into or thru the clearcoat & or paint. Once the scratches are removed use some final glaze to remove the scratches from the rubbing compound. Finally replace the wax.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:48 PM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

What do I do if they wont pay for it? I am not a yeller, I can't yell at someone with out throwing a punch, I get too excited. "

Call Guido...tell 'em I sent you. He'll take care of EVERYTHING.

[sm=chairshot.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif]

And yes, I have been watching TOO much of The Sopranos out here

JC
Old 10-25-2005, 12:21 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

My dad has a horrific oil change experience going to a place like jiffy lube. He brought it in for a regular oil change and they forgot to add oil once they drained it. Enough said. Although we still go there for a quick oil change when we don't want to put it up on the lift.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:43 PM
MR.Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Mr. Mustang,

I live in Chicago and have a four post lift to store my vette. If you help me capture and dispose of my oil you can use my lift...
Thank you for the offer; it was a very nice gesture. I will get some ramps and do them myself from now on.

I skope to the GM at Jiffy, I will be bringing my car there on Thursday. Just by the tone of his voice on the phone I already know he's going to tell me to go scratch my a$$. Also, he said I tried to bribe a guy to give me the oil change for $31.00 (?). This whole thing is just ridiculous but I for my own peace of mind I need to go there and demand they fix it.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Damnit ...

My car is at the dealership... It always pisses me off when the dealer gives your car back all covered with hand prints and stuff. You would think they would respect your property.

But then - - - - I have seen some cars that they accidently wiped off a little and the car looked better coming out then it did going in!.. now THAT is SAD!

I'll never understand how somebody can take a beautiful new car and trash it in less then 60 days!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:44 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MR.Mustang

Ugh, I feel for you. I know how you feel.
But for the love of god, Jiffy Lube!! If you care about the stang, this is probly the last place you want people working on it.

I always changed my own oil in past but this car is lowered and I don't want it up on lift. Where would you recommend I get the oil changed? Should I just go to the dealer? I did not think anything would happen, how do you f-up an oil change? I guess I should have used better judgement!
My cousin (in Chicago) took her Camaro to Jiffy Lube and they either didn't put the drain plug in right, or the oil filter was loose, and on the way home the oil all leaked out and by the time the car said something was wrong the engine was toast.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:49 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Mr Mustang - I would get the rubbing compound, glaze and wax and do it yourself. You run the risk of them just f**king it up more. Forget about em and move on. Never go back. There is a principle involved here - but it IS a Jiffy Lube. If you can't get the scratches out, then take it to a pro and then take the bill to the GM.

Your car can't be any lower than mine, and I can get a floor jack under it just fine to jack it up enough to crawl under and drain the oil. DIY if you are that particular (like me).

Rhino ramps?? I might have to look into those!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:09 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

MR. Mustang---for the love of god--do it your self--get ramps or a good jack, and jack stands, Jiffy Lube! come on, the guys there dont care about your car, they dont understand the time,sweat and tears u put into your baby...obviously there not to bright or they wouldnt be working there..... this should be a lesson to everyone hear, if you can do it yourself, DO IT, you will always do a better job, good luck with them taking out your scratches.[:@] thats another head butt against the keyboard..

Quick Reply: My Gt got scratch at Jiffy lube!